Thug Life

It was a chill day. You had on a simple outfit, just your favorite t-shirt and some leggings, because you weren't planning on going out today. You just wanted to sit back, catch up on your favorite shows, stuff your face with food, and relax. You had your laptop connected to your tv and snacks filled the coffee table in your living room. Your curtains were closed to make the room a little darker and watching tv more enjoyable. You sat down amd grabbed the big bowl of mixed chips you made. You were about start the latest episode of Empire when someone knocked on your door.

You groaned and went to answer it. You didn't bother to see who it was since you planned to curse them out for interrupting you anyway. However, when you did see who it was, you immediately regretted not looking first.

"What's up, y/n?" Justin asked, showing off his perfect smile. You immediately brought the bowl of chips up to cover your shirt so he couldn't see.

"Uh, nothing. What are you doing here?" you asked as you stepped to the side to let him in.

"I was driving by and thought I'd stop to see you. I can see you're having a lazy day." he said, walking into the living room to see your set up.

"Uh, yeah, I was going to watch tv." you told him.

"Mind if I join you?" he asked, sitting on your couch and making himself comfortable before you even answered.

"Uh, no, I don't mind. I have to go get something, I'll be right back." you said. You immediately ran up the stairs to your bedroom and snatched your shirt off after sitting the bowl of chips down. You threw the shirt on the floor and went to your drawer. You pulled out another t-shirt and pulled it over your head just as you heard Justin coming into your room.

"Y/n, do we have to watch Empire? I haven't really se- what is that?" he said. He leaned down right next to the shirt you had just thrown on the floor. You heart started to beat quickly in your chest as he picked it up and stood up straight.

He held the shirt with both hands and looked at it at arm's length. He studued the shirt with an unreadable expression on his face. You feared what he would say about you owning a shirt with his mugshot and the words 'Thug Life' printed across it. A big part of you thought he'd be mad and never want to talk to you again, but another part really hoped he'd laugh and say he liked it. You really didn't know what to expect, though.

"Why do you have this?" he said, still looking at the shirt.

"I don't know, I thought it was dope... It's my favorite shirt." you told him.

"Why haven't I seen this before?"

"I only wear it in the house. I didn't know how you'd react if I was seen wearing it.." you said, still looking at him to see his reaction.

"I... don't know what my reaction is honestly. I mean, I'd rather not be reminded of such a low point in my life by one of my closest friends... but I can't tell you not to wear it either, so.. I guess it's cool." he said, throwing the t-shirt on your bed before looking at you.

"Wait, so you're oksy with me wearing it?" you asked him, just to be sure.

"Yeah, it's in the past now. Besides, I think it's kinda cute that you wear shirts with my face on it when I'm not around." he said, smirking afterwards. You smiled and rolled your eyes playfully.

"Whatever. Get out so I can change back into the shirt." you said. You both laughed as you walked to him and tried to push him out of your room.

Once he was out, you closed the door and quickly changed back into the shirt. You grabbed the bowl of chips and went back to the living room where Justin was stuffing his face. He paused and looked up when you walked in.

"My face looks good on you." he told you. He smiled as you rolled your eyes again. You sat the bowl of chips down, only for him to grab it and begin eating out of it as you walked over to your laptop. You pressed play on the episode of empire and walked back to the couch where Justin was. After sitting next to him, you reached into the bowl that was now in his lap to grab some chips.

As the episode played, you kept shushing him or quickly answering some of the many questions he had. After every plot twist or big scene he'd only have more questions. You found yourself telling him to shut up and putting your fingers on his lips just so you could hear the tv. It was a stressful hour, but you really didn't mind it because you liked his company.

Once the show was over, Justin wanted to watch some movie you have never heard of or was interested in. The whole time your mind drifted off to other places, mostly to his reaction to your shirt. He reacted so well to it that you wondered why you worried about it in the first place. He's a really understandable guy and you had briefly forgotten that and panicked when he randomly showed up at your place today. Regardless of whatever you thought his reaction would be, you were happy he was cool with it because you didn't want to part with him or your shirt any time soon.

-

i know this is short & kinda dumb/sucky but it's just a fun idea that came up while talking to mah babeh donnybear & i wanted to share.