Just Saying

based on Just Saying by 5 Seconds of Summer :)

You were out at lunch with your friend, Justin. You met him a few months ago through a mutual friend and you thought he was really cool and fun to be around. He asked for your number that day so he could keep in touch with you and you've been talking to and hanging out with him ever since.

He was sitting across from you as you shared a booth in this small restaurant. You had been here for a while now and you both were almost done with your food. He was currently talking to you about something, but you weren't listening. You were too busy looking down at your phone, smiling and laughing at things that your boyfriend texted you.

"Y/n, are you even listening? Who are you texting?" Justin said.

"Huh?" you said once you heard your name. You raised your eyebrows as you continued to look down at your phone. You were finishing up another text to your boyfriend when Justin snatched your phone out of your hands.

"Justin, what the fu-"

"I said.. who are you texting?" he said, cutting you off. He smirked at you and you just rolled your eyes, annoyed that he took your phone.

His eyes travelled down to the screen on your phone and his face instantly changed. His whole face scrunched up, his eyebrows furrowed and he had a very noticeable frown on his face before he slid your phone across the table to you.

"Oh. You're texting him." he said. His voice was low and laced with attitude.

"Yes, Justin, I'm texting my boyfriend. Is there a problem?" You smirked as you picked your phone up since you knew that Justin didn't like your boyfriend.

When you told Justin that you met someone a month ago, he was very supportive and seemed really happy for you. As time went on and things got more serious with him, you could clearly see that Justin wasn't okay with it. You didn't know why. Every time you asked him he just said that it was 'something about him he didn't like'. Clearly, that didn't stop you from seeing him, though.

Justin's face relaxed before it formed into a small smirk. You thought nothing of this and put your attention back on your phone so you could finish the text you were typing before Justin rudely interrupted you.

"Actually, yeah, there is a problem." Justin said.

"And what's the problem?" You locked your phone and put it on the table next to your plate. You realized how rude you were being by texting your boyfriend and ignoring Justin so you wanted to give him your undivided attention. You sipped your drink and looked at him as you waited for him to speak.

"You're boyfriend. He's a loser." he said. Your eyes widened as you choked on your drink after hearing what he said. You waited until your coughing fit was over before you responded.

"Okay, you're being really disrespectful today and I need you to check that or I will." you said as you leaned back and crossed your arms.

Justin never acted like this. He's the sweetest person ever so the fact that he was snatching phones and calling your boyfriend out of his name was a little weird. He smiled and laughed a little once he saw your reaction. It just made you furrow your eyebrows in confusion.

"Chill, y/n. I'm just stating a fact." he said.

"No, you're stating an opinion. One that I didn't ask for." you told him. You watched as he ate one of his fries and sipped his drink before he spoke again.

"Think about it, y/n. None of your friends like him. They like you hanging around me over him and we're not even dating." he said.

"So that makes him a loser, Justin?"

"No, he's a loser because he's always late for your dates then he never pays. He always leaves you with the check. I never do that to you. Plus he told you that he had his own place when I know for a fact he stays with his mom." he said. You didn't know why he was saying this all of a sudden. He never made it a secret that he didn't like your boyfriend but he never said all of this either. You wanted to know where it was coming from.

"So what are you saying?" you asked him.

"I'm saying you should leave him. It makes me sick seeing you date someone like that. He doesn't deserve you." he said.

"It's only been a month, Justin. We're basically just starting and you want me to break up with him because you think I can do better? I really like him. I'm not about to just throw away what we could have because you don't like him." you told him. He was really annoying you with this. You couldn't believe he expected you to break up with someone because he didn't approve. Who does he think he is?

"You don't need him, y/n."

"But I want him." you argued. Justin clenched his jaw before he looked down at the table. A few minutes passed before he sighed and spoke again.

"I like you. Okay, y/n? I want you to be with me and not him." he admitted. You were surprised by his confession but it still didn't change anything.

"I wouldn't feel right leaving him just because you've suddenly developed feelings for me."

"I'll help you get over it." Justin said. You chuckled a little and he smiled, probably thinking that you were about to give in. You weren't, though. You couldn't do that, and you didn't want to.

"Sorry, Justin, I'm going to have to pass on that." you said. His face fell. He looked disappointed and a little sad. You felt bad that you had to reject him, but he had to know that you weren't leaving your boyfriend for him.

"When you change you're mind, I'll be waiting. I know you're going to do it soon, it's just a matter of time. We both know I'm better than him.. just saying." he told you. He didn't even give you a chance to reply before he put enough money on the table to pay for both of your meals before he got up and left the restaurant.

this is kinda bad, but whatever. i really wanted to write it. lol