Hero | part 2 (requested)

After you woke up, you immediately went to the bathroom. You took a shower and changed into some knee-length spandex pants along with a sports bra and loose t-shirt over it. Yesterday you made up in your mind that you'd take a long walk today to clear your mind and relax. You haven't been able to rest your mind since the night everything happened. For the past week your mind has been filled with worried thoughts about Chance and hoping he's okay. You know you shouldn't care but something inside of you wouldn't let you just forget about his problem. The possibility that he could be really hurt or even dead right now just didn't sit well with you.

Once you were ready for your walk you went downstairs, looking for Justin. You had been staying with him since everything that happened. He didn't want you to leave and you didn't want to be alone so you went home to get some clothes to stay with him. You haven't been to school or work either because of your eye. Spending this time with him has been nice. It didn't exactly take your mind off things but you did enjoy his company. He always knew how to make you happy.

You found Justin in the kitchen fooling around with the stove. He barely cooked so you had no idea what he was attempting to do and by the looks of it neither did he.

"Hey, Jus. Whatcha doing?" you asked him. He turned away from the stove and looked at you.

"I was going to make breakfast for you, but I can't figure out how to work the stove." he said, making you laugh.

"How long have you lived here and you don't know how to work your stove?"

"I just never really use it.. I don't cook." he told you. You simply nodded your head because that was obvious. Justin watched you as you sat down at the island. His eyes focused on your face, but mainly your eye.

"Your eye isn't getting any better." he stated.

"Well it's only been a week. It'll clear up soon." you reassured him.

"I have something for it." Justin grabbed a glass then walked to the refrigerator. You saw him grab something before you heard the sound of liquid being poured. Once he had put what you guessed was some type of juice back, he stood there for a minute before turning around and handing you the glass filled with the dark liquid.

You took the glass and smelled it first. It smelled like fruit juice. You didn't know how it was going to help your eye heal but you went to drink it anyway, taking a sip first.

"Ooh. It tastes like juice but it has a weird after-taste." you said before drinking more of it. Justin chuckled as he watched you drink it and once you sat the glass down he kissed your cheek.

"You want to go out for breakfast since I can't work the stove?"

"I actually wanted to go for a walk to clear my head... you could come with me, though." you said. Justin scrunched up the left side of his face before shaking his head.

"Nah, I'm good. I'll just wait here until you get back." he told you.

"Okay. I'll be gone for a long time so don't worry." You stood up and kissed Justin on the cheek. It was an action you've done plenty of times but now it meant so much more since Justin admitted his feelings for you. He smiled as you backed away and left out of the kitchen. You went to the living room to grab your shades and put them on before heading out of the door.

You walked around Justin's neighborhood for hours. At first you couldn't seem to relax your mind. It kept drifting off to Chance and where he was and what he might be doing. It got to the point where you almost made a trip to his house just to check on him but you decided against that. You didn't want to put yourself in a situation you could avoid by just moving on. After that you managed to convince yourself that he was okay and was getting help somehow. This made your walk much more successful.