Chapter 10: The Goblin

I thought tonight would be a relaxing night. Sadly, no. I'm stuck with the one person that I loath the most. I don't even need to say who. At least Peter, Harry and Mr. Osborn were with us.

Today was report card day and Harry finally passed his classes, so him and Peter decided to go out for dinner tonight. But, Mr. Osborn asked if we would like to come along for some weird reason. My father said yes, surprisingly. And he forced me to come as well. At least I'll be spending time with the two boys. I just hope this night doesn't turn into a brawl like every time I'm with my dad.

I don't know why, but I feel like Mr. Osborn invited us so I could probably talk to Harry more. I still get the feeling that both adults want me to marry him so we could extend the company business and finances so that way my dad has enough money to run a tech company.

"So.... why did you invite us again?" I asked bluntly.

"Shut up, and be nice." My dad whispered harshly to me as I rolled my eyes. I just had to be seated next to him.

"Well, you all have been working hard and doing well in school and I needed a night out from work. I just asked Carlos if he would like to join since I know how much of a hard working guy he is." Mr. Osborn answered.

"Indeed." My dad nodded as I quietly scoffed and leaned back in the seat with my arms and legs crossed with a scowl on my face.

"It'll be ok." Peter whispered to me as he patted my shoulder.

"Just talk with us and forget your dad." Harry also whispered.

"I'll try. But no promises." I replied.

"So, Ari, how are your grades?" Mr. Osborn suddenly asked.

"Disappointing." My dad answered for me.

"Well, maybe if you would stop having me stay up all night to write music for you, I would have time to get my work done and get good grades." I said with a fake smile.

"Don't you dare start." He glared at me.

"You spoke first." I retorted and turned my head to the side, away from him to look at the boys.

Luckily the limo pulled to a stop by some fancy restaurant that I don't care about.

I was desperate to get away from my dad so I quickly got out after the boys.

Harry and Peter were still cheering and I just stood there, looking at the building emotionless. I then looked to the side when I heard a phone, or something ring. I turned around just as Peter walked up to us.

"Hey guys, I'm sorry but I gotta go help Aunt May with something. A, uh... goldfish emergency." He said hesitantly. I feel like he's hiding something.

"What? But we just got here." Harry frowned.

"I know, I'm sorry. I was looking forward to this day too. But look on the bright side, you'll both get some quality time with your dads." He said as he started to run off.

"Tsk, that's the last thing I would ever want." I scoffed as Peter disappeared. Harry sighed in sadness and frustration as I patted his shoulder in comfort. I then heard another phone ring and saw Mr. Osborn answer his phone. After a few seconds, he hung up and gave my dad a quick glance and nodded. What are they up to?

"Emergency at Oscorp, I need to go. And Carlos is coming with me. Here, you kids buy something to eat." Mr. Osborn said, handing us his credit card.

"Sure, leave two teenagers in front of a fancy restaurant at night with a wealthy company owner's credit card. What could go wrong?" I muttered sarcastically as I took his card.