Chapter 27: Avenging Spider-Man

After a day of sleeping off my side effects, I've been healing and getting better slowly. At least I felt better than before. Sadly, I couldn't help out with the team as much though. Luckily it wasn't anything that they couldn't handle without me.

However, that was the least of my worries. My brain was completely blank about what happened after we stopped the Goblin. But I decided to just forget about it. My head still wasn't in the right place and I just wanted to get something to eat.

I made my way out of my room and was expecting to be greeted by a least Tony, but no one was in the lounging room or even in the kitchen. Odd.

"J.A.R.V.I.S, where is everyone?" I asked.

"Good morning, miss Aria. Mr. Stark and the other Avengers are in his lab conversing about important business." The A.I responded.

"This early? Well, what'd I expect?" I shrugged it off and decided to skip breakfast and go see what Tony is up to.

"The kid's a natural leader." I heard Capitan America say.

"He's risky and reckless. I like that." Tony agreed.

"He has a warrior's cunning." Thor stated.

"Better than that. He's got heart." Hulk added.

"So we're all in agreement?" Widow asked.

"Aye!" Everyone raised their hands.

"Nope. But I'll come along just to say I told you so." Hawkeye responded.

What are they talking about? I shook my head and walked inside as I grew tired of just listening to them. "Yo. What's going on?" I asked, capturing their attention.

"Ah, Ari. You're awake. Usually you'd sleep in late. What's up, kiddo?" Tony replied. It was almost as if he was trying to hide something. But I couldn't tell.

"I already asked that." I crossed my arms and looked past him to see that his screen was on. But it had images of Spider-Man along with detailed information about his heroism. "Wait... what are you guys doing?"

"Alright. Listen, kiddo. We're thinking about recruiting Spider-Man on our team." Tony stated.

My eyes widen in shock at the sudden new information that it took a moment for my mind to process everything. "YOU WHAT?!" When did he make this decision?!

"Ok... not the reaction I was expecting. But we're all in agreement-"

"I'm not." Hawkeye interrupted and I could see Widow rolling her eyes.

"Yeah. I'm with Hawkeye on this one." I stated with an unamused expression.

"What? You are?" Tony asked, seeming shock by my response.

"Look, I can vouch for the web-head. He is a good leader. Which is why I think it's a bad idea to take him away from a team he already has just to become a follower to you. You just want him with the Avengers because you think he's a good fit. And maybe he is. But you don't take a leader away from its team. It's like... taking a queen ant away from her colony." I explained.

"Wait, is that supposed to be an Ant-Man reference?" Hawkeye asked with a sour look on his face.

"Not now, Clint. But I'm serious. And it's not just his team. It's also mine." I glared at all of them.

I can't believe this. They wanna take Spider-Man away from our hard working and learning team. And not only that, if they were to ask anyone to join the Avengers why wouldn't it be me? Yeah, maybe I am a little jealous, but seriously! I live with them! I could handle working with two different teams but if Spider-Man did then he would have to lead a team while being a follower to Tony. It's not fair! To him or me!