Chapter 9: Thief Of Tech

It's been a few days since my birthday and dad was finally back. Yay. Note the sarcasm. I found out he came back with a woman. A WOMAN!!!!

I don't even know her name or where she came from but dad decided to bring her to New York as if she was a puppy lost in the streets. She belongs in the streets, I'll say that much.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring. I let out a muffled groan and pounded the off button.

After a few minutes of waking up, I get up to brush my hair and all that Jazz. But when I went to get my clothes I noticed an oversized black hoodie and thigh high black boots.

That woman! She keeps coming in my room and stealing my clothes for some reason. I grew more and more irritated at this. But then I had an idea. A smirk grew on my face as I picked up the clothes.

I slipped on a short pair of high waisted jean shorts and the oversized hoodie. It covered my shorts but, eh, don't care. I then slipped on the boots and looked at myself in the mirror.

Sure, I looked a little..... extra, but I kinda like it. Little note, that woman dad brought back has like literally the same size clothes as me. Which I was a little surprised at. Just by that thought, you could tell she might be.... young. Ugh! My dad is like 30 and by the size of these clothes the woman could at least be 20.

Ugh, he's such a creep! I stormed out of my room and down the hall to his office. When I got there I instantly opened the door with a loud 'bang'.

"Dad, we need t-" I stopped speaking and my eyes grew wide as dad just sighed. "Tony Stark?! What are you doing here?" I asked as I walked up to him.

Little note, I know Tony Stark cause him and my dad are like sparing companies. I remember that dad once wanted to own a tech company but he started off with a music company instead to earn more money. Though the idea isn't working.

That, and I remember that mom used to be one of the best employees at Stark Industries. She used to work for Tony while she was trying to get an acting career. But I stopped see Tony when mom fell ill.

"Well, nice to see ya, kiddo." He smiled as he ruffled my hair. I didn't mind. He was like a second dad to me though I barely see him at all. And whenever I do see him, he's usually fighting with my dad.

"What's going on?" I asked as I glared at my dad.

My dad just sighed and rubbed his temples as if I was giving him a headache. Hmph, good. "Aria, it's personal business." He said bluntly.

I raised an eye brow. "Personal businesses? Heh, I highly doubt that. And I was asking Mr. Stark." I rolled my eyes.

"Tony is just fine. Anyway, I came here to ask about the missing piece of technology that's been stolen from Stark Industries." Tony answered as he narrowed his eyes at my dad.

"Now why would you let someone steal tech from you, Stark?" My dad asked in a taunting manner.

"I have a busy schedule. And things just happen. You either prevent them, avoid them, or fix them." Tony said.

"So, your tech gets stolen and your obvious choice was to suspect me? Hm, I'm hurt, Stark." My dad slightly smirked but I couldn't really see it.

"Cut the lies. And I'm not accusing you. I'm just curious." He stated.

"About what?" I asked.

"Well, I created the..... object to help in our battles. It's highly dangerous. Especially in the wrong hands-"

"Then whoever took it is doing the city a favor." My dad chuckled and I glared at him.

"Anyway, I wired the object to give off a homing signal if one of us were to misplace it. Cause knowing Hawkeye, Hulk and Thor, that's sure to happen. But anyway, I traced a slightly small signal here at Warren's music company. So I simply followed the signal and now we're here." Tony finished.