Chapter 23: Deadpool

After I had gotten back home from K'un Lun I was escorted back to Avenger's tower and was immediately bombarded with questions from Tony.

I was sitting down on the couch as I sighed and listened to Tony rant and scold me like a child for being out for so long without telling him or staying in contact with him. He had every right to be upset as he was my protector and guardian but I'm almost an adult here.

"Out of all the insane and idiotic plans, you leave for a whole day to follow after your partner all the way to an ancient, secret and sacred city and you didn't tell anyone?! Kid, what if something happened to you?!" He exclaimed.

He was right. Something did happen. As in me being assaulted by Scorpion. But I'm fine and I'm over that now. Besides that, nothing else bad happened.

"Tony, I'm sorry. But I couldn't even contact you. K'un Lun is practically cut off from the outside world. And I didn't have time to do so. I had to help Iron Fist." I explained. Or at least tried to. He didn't seem to be listening to reason. I love Tony, but he's acting like an overbearing father.... I can't go through that again.

"You should've told me. And I bet you Spider-Man has to tell Fury the same thing. But that's not important right now. You left New York. You left the state! You left America and didn't even tell anyone! You know why I'm upset about that!" He sighed in annoyance before he took a deep breath. "I just care about you, kid. Carlos hurt you. And I can't let that happen again. I know you're grown up but you still have a lot to learn. I don't want you turning out reckless like me. Understand?" He asked sternly.

"I understand, Tony. And again, I'm sorry. But... at the same time... I now know what I wanna do with my life. Iron Fist helped me see that. And... once the time comes... I want to be with him. And that means leaving New York to stay with him in K'un Lun. As his queen. He's a king. He has responsibilities." I stated.

Tony widen his eyes in shock as he tried to gather the information I had just told him. "Wait, hold on! Pause! Iron Fist, despite being so young, is the king of K'un Lun and when he has to go back to take the throne you want to go with him?!.."

I knew he would have this reaction. I don't blame him. But I knew what I was doing. "Yes. This is what I want, Tony. I know he's the one I want to be with. I'm not a little girl anymore. I appreciate that you took me in, but I'm close to being an adult. Once we graduate that's when he leaves. And I wanna go with him. Carlos kept me locked up for a while now that I even forgot what freedom felt like. And that's what my mom wanted. And I want that as well. Can you accept that?..." I asked, hoping I could have his blessing to live my life the way I want.

He sighed once more and started to pace around in thought as I anxiously waited for his response. After what felt like an eternity did he let his head hang low and he let out a deep breath. "You're right. You're not a kid anymore. I guess... it's just hard for me to let go. I mean, I cared about your mother very much. I helped her even after she left to Jersey. I paid for her medical bills. I only stopped when I had thought she had gotten better. But instead... we all lost her. And when I heard that Carlos was going to be taking care of you I couldn't help but feel jealous and angry. But.. I thought you were in good hands. I should've just done what I wanted and taken you in myself. But that's all over now and you're with me now. I promised your mother I would always look after you. And I mean that. And whether you choose to stay or not... I'll always love you and care for you, kiddo. Remember that." He smiled as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

I smiled up at him with tears in my eyes and I hugged him tightly which he returned. "Thank you, Tony. That means a lot."

"No problem. Just promise me that you'll visit often." He said.