Chapter 33: S.H.I.E.L.D Academy

"So... yeah. I'm transferring from Midtown High over to the new academy Nick Fury constructed. And... I'll be living there. That is, if you agree." I finished explaining everything to the group of Avengers, waiting for them to say something as they all just sat in silence. I decided to wait a couple of days before I actually told them everything that's happened since I was still mentally preparing myself for everything as well.

"So, you'll be leaving us? And I just got here." Ant-Man, also known as Scott Lang, the newest member on the team complained.

"I know. I was looking forward to get to know you better as well, Scott. But... this is a new chance for me to start my high school life all over. When I first got here, I wanted to do nothing but crawl under a rock and die. But now, I wanna train with the group that I'm a part of. Spider-Man and Fury has taken the liberty to train a group of new heroes. New Warriors. And besides, I'll be with my friends and Iron Fist all the time now. I'll be perfectly safe." I tried to reassure them.

"This... is pretty big news. I know you're getting older, and you want to follow your own path. But remember that you'll always be welcomed and have a home here, whether you live there or here at Avenger's tower." Captain America spoke up with a small smile on his lips.

"So, that's one agreement. What about the rest of you?" I asked the others.

"I don't know... but, I mean, from personal experiences, I know S.H.I.E.L.D. I know what they're capable of doing. If you had to be living with anyone I'm at least glad that it's them." Falcon said. "I guess, I'm in agreement, too."

"So am I. It's your choice and your decision on where you want to live and continue to train. And Sam is right. S.H.I.E.L.D will make sure nothing bad happens to the students. Including you." Widow stated as she gave me a reassuring smile.

"Besides, Fury's even asked a few of us to be teachers at the new academy. So, it's not not like we won't ever see each other again." Hawkeye spoke up. He seemed less worried out of all of them.

"Plus, you got bug man as a leader." Hulk added, referring to the spider hero.

"That I do. He may be an idiot at times, but when it comes to his team, he never fails us." I nodded in agreement.

"To better one's self a warrior must learn on their own. And I know you have what it takes." Thor smiled as he pointed his hammer at me. "Maybe one day you'll even become a better hero than I."

"Thanks, God of Thunder." I chuckled as I took his compliment to heart. "Now, that just leaves one more." I looked past them to see the uncertain look on Tony's face.

Everyone turned to look at him, waiting for the billionaire's response as he stood thinking in silence.

"Tony? Got anything to say?" Cap asked.

Tony let out a deep sigh, seeming to be still thinking his thoughts through. "You all have a point. And Ari, you have every right to do what you want with your life. But, I just got you out of a bad situation, kid. I don't want you to get into another one."

"I know, Tony. And you don't know how much it means to me that you took me in after that terrible moment in my life. But now that I'm able to finally be free and learn and do what I want, I want to do that with my friends, teammates and loving partner. I'm not going away or anything. But, I am starting a new chapter in my life that I hope you'll approve of. I wanna be like my mother..." I poured out my upmost and deepest feeling from the bottom of my heart, hoping and wishing he'll understand.

He gave me a small smile and stepped closer, placing his hands on my shoulders. "You're already so much like her. And I know you'll do good out there."

"So you'll let me go?" I asked hopefully.