Chapter 1: New Student

Yup.

This is it.

High school. Not that it's new to me. I just moved here from Jersey. I didn't really care all that much about moving for I had no friends to miss, and my old house carried nothing but horrible and sad memories. Only some were happy.

There's only one thing that I do to get away from my thoughts and other unpleasant feelings: Drawing.

Yes, I'm a sucker for art. I draw whatever I feel like drawing or whatever my mind feels like doing. Well, I do sing a little for my father owns a music company. He mostly sells albums.

I lived with my mother in Jersey before she passed away due to some sort of illness. So I was forced to move in with my father back in New York. Hopefully I'll have a better start here.

I walked inside the school to be greeted by many people. Some were staring at me causing more people to stare. I hated being watched. And it doesn't help that they're people that I've never seen before.

As a shy girl, I've always tried to hide myself and never talked to anyone. It's not that I don't want to, is just hard for me. It's like I can't speak to anyone without stuttering or sounding like a dead squeaky toy.

I continued to walk down the hallway, somewhat using my journal to hide part of my face. I could feel my heart race against my chest as I tried to concentrate on the floor, letting my mind wander to something else.

'Why couldn't I've been homeschooled?' I thought to myself. But my thoughts were interrupted when I bumped into something. I let out a gasp and fell to the floor, my drawings flying out of my journal as I rubbed my head.

"Oh, forgive me. I did not see you." A voice said as I saw a hand in front of my face. I looked up to see a teenage boy with blond hair and shinning green eyes. I felt like I was in a trance, just staring in his eyes until he spoke.

"Are you alright?" He asked. I blinked and few times and started to grab all my papers that fell then lightly grabbed his hand as he helped me up.

"Umm... I uhh... u-uh..." I whispered/stuttered. I didn't know what to say. I felt my face heat up as my heart rate sped up more.

"You are new, right?" He asked and I nodded in return. "I thought so. Hi, I'm Danny Rand. What is your name?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I tried again only for me to make a small squeak. I blushed in return and mentally slapped myself as he lightly chuckled.

"That's an unusual name." He joked.

I thought for a moment when I got an idea. I took out a piece of paper and my pen and started to write.

Hello. My name's Aria Omisha, but please, call me Ari. It's nice to meet you.

I folded the paper for some reason and handed it to him. I turned my head to the side so he wouldn't see my red face.

"Ari.... thats a beautiful name." He smiled. I looked back at him and I was immediately captured by his eyes again. I lightly smiled back until I managed to bring myself out of my trance.

I lightly shook my head and used my hand to cover the side of my face that was facing him.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I have t-to go." I whispered and walked past him. I hated to do that but I couldn't control myself to not look in his eyes. Whenever I bumped into someone at my old school, they'd yell at me and tell me to watch where I'm going, or even call me names.

But this Danny person was different. He was very calm and nice. So sincere and serene.

'Forget it. He's too good for you. Everyone one is.' I thought to myself. I took a deep breath and made my way to my homeroom. No one was there at the moment so I took the chance to have some 'me time'.