Chapter 22: Journey Of The Iron Fist

(Get ready for the longest chapter yet. Along with slightly mature content. I've been wanting to write this one.)

..........................

I don't know if it's just me or if I'm not seeing things straight. But lately, Iron Fist hasn't really been his... zen self, so to say. He's been more... strict? Very uptight? I don't know the right words.

But lately he's been throwing me off. Whenever I try to suggest or plan a date he always says he's too busy with training. Which I get. But this has been going on for a week now. I was getting worried. My insecurities were starting to eat at me. Was he having second thoughts about our relationship? Or was there something he's trying to hide and not tell me about? But Danny wouldn't keep secrets from me. Would he?...

Well, I couldn't keep thinking as a sudden punch to my chest knocked me back, even knocking the air right out of me as I groaned.

"Danny... I wasn't ready.." I strained out as I weakly stood up. I was not liking this training session I agreed upon.

Especially since we were fighting on top of the Brooklyn Bridge! And the assignment was to train without using your powers. Even Spider-Man was having a hard time since he had to fight without his web shooters. And I couldn't summon any of my powers. As for Danny, he was still strong even without his chi energy. Which, honestly... was kinda hot. But also... concerning. Especially with his current mood and mind state.

He kept fighting against us but unlike him, Spider-Man and I were kinda beat. He was about to kick Spider-Man in the face before he stopped mid kick.

"Better to pay attention than to pay for mistakes." Iron Fist warned.

"Better to have a coupon than not pay at all." The arachnid hero retorted back and smacked the other's leg away. "Wise, and easy on the wallet."

Those two kept fighting each other while I needed a moment to catch my breath. We've been at this for a couple of hours now and Danny wasn't letting up. I was seriously worried about him.

"Ugh, this weekly sparring session with Iron Fist has been way un-zen today." Spidey muttered to himself after he just got kicked in the jaw. "What is it with you?" He asked his sparring partner.

"Patiences makes practice and practice makes perfect. The spirit of a K'un Lun warrior beats within you both." Iron Fist stated.

"A warrior? I appreciate the thought, hon. But I'm no warrior." I spoke up as I finally gather enough strength to join the spar session once again.

"And speaking of beating, I'm getting tired of this. Can I have my web shooters back? Cause I'd like to start, ya know, winning?" Spider-Man asked as he slowly got up after being knocked down.

"There is no dishonor to be found in one one's abilities. Your web shooters are only a tool. You are more. Now, again." Iron Fist ordered as he held up his fists.

"Hon, don't you think this has gone on far enough. I can't keep up like this. This is more intense than my usual training." I spoke up.

"I know you, Ari. You're capable of so much more. Do not doubt yourself. Give me everything you've got." He said with a determined look on his face. And to be honest, that was the nicest thing he's said to me all week. It kinda hurt...

And it wasn't helping that the passing cars weren't helping with my anxiety. I had already used my powers once on accident after I almost fell onto the street in front of the ongoing vehicles. And Danny didn't really like I had to resort to my natural skill. But I just didn't want to get run over. It was just my natural instinct.