Chapter 13: Caught

Being taken to S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters while being escorted by a few agents with Spider-Man and his teammate leading the way left a nervous feeling in my body. I had to look down at the floor just to keep myself from freaking out and breaking down into a panic attack.

I felt so scared. Like I was a villain being taken into custody. I tried calming down my racing heart and tried clearing my mind that was swirling with awful thoughts and scenarios of what might happen. I just wanted to go back home.

"I don't wanna be here. Please. I just wanna go home..." I choked out in from my cracking voice, feeling my eyes coming onto the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry, Ari. I can't do that. We just need to find out about something." Spider-Man stated, placing his hand on my shoulder to try and calm me down.

But that only made me feel more scared as I closed my eyes tightly, feeling a few stray tears shedding down my cheeks as I clutched tightly onto my arm, digging my nails into my skin.

I didn't open my eyes until I heard a mechanical door opening to reveal a small meeting room with Nick Fury sitting down at the end of the table with a big screen on behind him.

I was forcefully led into the room despite trying to nail my feet to the ground, the doors closing behind me and only leaving me with Spider-Man, Power-Man, and the director of S.H.E.I.L.D himself.

I backed up against the closed door that I know I had no chance of opening, meaning I was trapped in here until I'm told I can leave.

I closed my eyes again as I hung my head low, my breathing becoming hitched as I hyperventilated and my heart rate increased more as my body became sweaty and shook with fear.

"Ari, it's ok." Spider-Man tried reassuring me, but I couldn't respond. I was in my defense mode. I wanted to curl up into a ball and hide away from their sight.

At least the rest of the heroes weren't here to see me like this. Especially Iron Fist.

I couldn't move. My body felt so stiff and I felt like I could pass out any moment now.

"Aria Omisha." Fury called out my real name, causing me to flinch in fear. "You aren't in trouble. I had you brought here so I could ask you some questions."

That calmed me down a little and I was able to open my eyes and look up at him with my blurry and teary vision. Though that didn't stop me from still feeling scared.

"A-a-about... w-what?" I stuttered out as I tried to control and calm down my breathing and racing heart.

"Let me put it simple." Fury said as he pushed a button on the control panel which showed a video on the big screen of the rhino trying to break free from the force field I created. "What kind of stunt was that?"

I widen my eyes in fear as I clutched my hands tightly into fists, hiding my hands behind my back. I didn't realize S.H.E.I.L.D had security cameras all around the city.

"Nothing..." I muttered, just wanting to get out of this situation.

"Don't lie, miss Omisha." He narrowed his eyes which I avoided eye contact.

"Ari, we just wanna know what's going on. What strange power that was, we wanna help you." Spider-Man tried defending.

"It's nothing! I just wanna forget anything ever happened! Please! I wanna go home!" I shouted as I covered my face with my hands, trying to hold back my sobs.

"If we let you go now the situation will only get worse until you're out of control and you could possibly endanger the city." Fury stated.

"So what do we do?" Power-Man asked.