Chapter 12: Rampaging Rhino

(HOLY MOTHER OF- over 1,000 reads!!!! I can't believe it! And to think I wrote this book because I got bored, but I'm glad it became something that you guys enjoy. Thanks for liking my story. 😊❤️)

......................

Heading back home with the new information swirling around my head like a tornado practically gave my brain a migraine.

Tony explained everything to me after I woke up once again.

Turns out, my mother was a superhero. All this time, she was out saving the city and I never knew anything about her past. I always thought she wanted to be an actress. I guess that was just a cover up. But how did she get her powers? Simple. From what Tony said, my mother was an experiment that escaped from one of Japan's secret science labs. Her father, which would be my grandpa, was obsessed with unknown powers and used his own daughter to test out his theories on power.

But after years of torture, she escaped and fled from Japan to New York, hoping to start a new life. But when she found out about her new powers, she felt like she couldn't be seen as a normal person.

She tried living her life like normal, going around to find jobs to help her out financially. Even trying to apply to Stark Industries, which is how she met Tony. And I guess he found out about her secret powers and convinced her to use it for good. It took her some time to agree, but she finally did, becoming the superhero known as Mystic. She was mysterious and not very well known around the city since she didn't want her identity to be known to the public.

But in the midst of doing her job, she ran into someone. That someone being Carlos Warren. And he the only person my mom showed her face to. I don't know how or why, but Tony said my mom would just run off to met up with him since she was probably in a relationship with him at the time. She's been doing that for a while until she and my dad decided to... take it up to the next level, not knowing she would soon be bearing a child.

Becoming pregnant was the reason why she didn't want to be a hero anymore. She wanted a better and more calmer future for her child. So she left the Avengers to seek out, once again, a normal life. But not before telling my dad the news.

He was not happy about hearing that he was going to be a father. He claimed that he was too much of a busy and rich man to stop building up his company to care for a child. My mom tried reasoning with him but he grew furious and ended up in taking almost everything from her financially wise unless she agreed to... get rid of the baby. But she refused.

Luckily, Tony was able to help her out. She didn't want much so she asked for just enough to by a decent house and moved to Jersey, away from everything she claimed as a family and a home. She bought a house, found a decent job, and soon enough had me.

And from what I remember, everything was as perfect as it could get until one day I notice that she looked weak and pale. It was the first time the doctors diagnosed her with an illness. I still don't remember what it was. They never told me. And mom never told me either because she didn't want to worry me.

But her sickness got worse to the point she had to be hospitalized and the neighbors had to watch over me. It's been that way for a couple of years until... my mom passed away.

The neighbors took me in as my old house was seized. I lived with the old couple until they too passed away from old age. But not after contacting my father which I guess my mom told them to do in case something ever happened to her or them.

I had no choice but to go back to New York. And that's the story from there.

And now, I was sitting on my bed, staring down at my pale and thin hands as I thought about the powers I now had. It was passed down genetically from my mom, but needed some sort of push to be awoken or something, I guess. And my anger towards my father is what finally awoken them.