Chapter 4: Why I Hate Gym

So, after the venom incident, I've not only been thinking about Danny, but Iron Fist as well. I drew him a couple of times but that's not important. I hope I'm not falling for another person. But now that I think about it, if Danny was out of my league, what makes you think a superhero could love me? And again, I barely know both of them.

Anyway, I'm in the cafeteria, sitting with the others as Ava and Peter were talking to each other. Principal Coulson came in and explained that our gym teacher is out of commission and he found a substitute named Mr. Yager. Although, I don't know him at all and yet he already gives me a creepy vibe. But I shouldn't judge. And I'm not, its just a feeling. I'm sure it's nothing.

I was in the locker room, changing into my gym uniform as I laced up my shoes and tied my long, platinum blond hair into a ponytail. I was about to walk out to the gym until Ava stopped me.

"Ari, wait up!"

"What's up?" I asked, turning to face her.

"I wanna talk to you for a moment. You know, girl to girl. And I have to ask.... do you like Danny?" She asked leaning in closer with a smirk. I lowered my head a little as I turned a light shade of red and started to twist and twirl my hair.

"U-uhhh... I uh... w-well... why d-do y-you want to k-know?" I asked, mentally slapping myself for stuttering so much.

"Just asking. 'Cause if you do, I can help you with that." She stated.

"You... help me?" I asked, pointing to her then me as she stared at me flatly. "S-sorry, its just that... well..."

"I don't have much experience with love?" She asked, finishing for me.

"N-no! Well... I mean... ugh." I face palmed as I couldn't find the right words.

"Yeah, you're right. I kinda don't. But, that doesn't mean I won't help." She stated, smiling a little.

"Thanks, I appreciate it. But I'm working on my own approach right now. And if that doesn't work, then I'll ask you for help. Deal?"

"Deal." She nodded and we headed out to the gym.

"Took ya long enough. Were you having a 'girls time'?" Peter asked jokingly as Ava smacked him on his head.

"Shut up. And no, we weren't." She stated as Peter shrugged in surrender as I lightly chuckled.

"Alright, listen up! First off: dodgeball." Mr. Yager said, throwing a dodgeball in the air.

"Wait, what?!" Peter and I yelled. I. Hate. Dodgeball. So. Much. So, I tired to stay in the back.

Well, let's just say that Peter and I were getting annihilated by Flash Thompson. He fell to the ground instantly, getting a hit to the face as I did a duck on the first throw, but the second hit me on my arm, pushing me down as it left a stinging, burning sensation.

"That's gonna leave a mark." I winced, rubbing my red arm.

"Are you alright?" I looked up to see Danny holding his hand out in front of me again. I smiled and grabbed it, letting him help pull me up.

"Thanks." I lightly blushed.

"No problem. Is your arm ok?" He asked.

"Eh, it's fine. I've been hit waaaay worse before." I lightly chuckled just as another ball was coming my way. I lightly gasped and covered my face, but the impact never came. I opened my eyes to see that Danny had the ball in his hand as I stared at him in shock. I didn't know he was this good.

"You... caught it." I whispered in shock.

"I couldn't let it hurt your beautiful face." He smirked as I blushed a little more. Was he.. was he...... flirting with me?!