Chapter 30: Cloak And Dagger

"When I said I'd recruit the next generation of heroes, I don't know what I expected. But it wasn't this." Spider-Man said as he swung down and landed in an alleyway with me and Iron Fist following behind him.

I said I'd help the web-head recruit these new heroes with him so I didn't have to constantly listen to Fury or Tony telling me to stay behind and rest. And Iron Fist went along with us for back up. But I'm not complaining.

"Don't complain. We just need to find them. But what's still on my mind is how you and Nova managed to take down the ship of a former member of the Nova core. And you said he even unlocked the full powers of the Nova helmet. I'm impressed."

"Ah, shucks. You're making me blush." Spider-Man said.

"I wasn't talking about you. I meant Nova." I stated.

"And there goes my pride." He sighed as he his expression faltered.

"Oh hush. Let's just focus on the task at hand. Maybe I can try and track them down." I concentrated my power and I started to get the feeling that we were being watched. But where was it coming from?

"Iron Fist, Valor! Look out!" Spider-Man called out and pushed us both aside and webbed the watcher that was sneaking up behind us. Only, it turned out to be a cute, harmless little kitty.

"Appreciate the save. How did you know I'm mildly allergic?" He asked his web slinger friend.

Wait, what? "You are?! Awww, hon! That's so cute!" I giggled a the new information I've just learned. But how come he never told me? Maybe the topic just never came up. Like how I didn't know he was vegetarian until a long time ago.

"I'm not sure if I call it 'cute'. But think what you want." He smiled at me with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Well, hey. I have to be prepared for everything. Who knows what could sneak up behind us. Especially since there are so many villains out there based on animals. Mister Whiskers here could've totally been evil." The spider stated as he walked over to free the cat only to be attacked by said cat before it ran away. "AH! Not the face! Not the face!"

"Maybe only evil to you." I chuckled.

"Ahem, speaking of cats, White Tiger was supposed to meet us by now." Spider-Man said, clearly feeling off about the situation.

And it's never a good sign when Ava Ayala is late. That's so not like her. I was getting worried as well. And an off feeling. But I didn't know what it was.

"Something is out of balance." Iron Fist spoke up, clearly feeling the same way I felt.

"Yeah. And I don't like it." I muttered while the spider was busy calling up our boss.

"Yo, Fury. White Tiger never showed."

"Her S.H.I.E.L.D ID is not registering in your sector. Probably nothing, but I'll track her down. You focus on finding these two new heroes. Cloak can open a portal to his own pocket dimension, allowing him to teleport anywhere. Dagger is his complete polar opposite. She can create daggers of light with powers we don't fully understand yet." Fury explained.

"Cloak and Dagger. Dig the names. Very secret agent." Spider-Man said, making me roll my eyes.

"They're a formidable pair. Don't under estimate them. And get to them as soon as possible. One more thing, we're only interested in recruiting Dagger. Not Cloak. File says he has an attitude problem. Not S.H.I.E.L.D hero material." Fury clarified.

What? But I have a bit of an attitude problem and look at me. That doesn't seem fair. And is it a really a good idea to split them up when he even said they're a formidable pair? This doesn't make sense.