Chapter 20: Itsy Bitsy Spider-Man

It's been about a week since my.. ahem.. outburst, and thanks to more S.H.I.E.L.D training I have gotten better. That, and ever since Danny and I have gotten together it's like all my worries just melt right off just by a simple hug or hearing his voice. Maybe deep down this was all I needed. To finally tell him my deepest feelings. It felt like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

The Avengers have also been a great help for me as well. Tony is letting me out more to allow myself to find ways to relax and have fun.

However, what I thought was going to be a quiet day of training turned into a search mission for Thor in the Hudson River. From what Fury explained Thor was seen battling a giant unknown villain of some sort and ended up submerged underwater.

I decided to go help the heroes and search the waters with them. We all were wearing our underwater gear, swimming around as we searched for the missing Avenger.

"You know I could just use my telekinesis to separate us from the water." I spoke up.

"It would be unwise to use your energy and drain yourself if not needed. Save your power for when any situation comes up." Iron Fist urged me.

I just shrugged and nodded. "Fair point." I smiled down at him as I swam over to his side. "You know, I was kinda hoping we could get some training in together. You know, since you are a really big help for me." I blushed a little but luckily it couldn't be seen behind my aquatic breathing mask.

He smirked over at me through his breathing helmet and reached out to grab my hand. "I would've loved that as well. But this is an important mission. However, you could think of it as... a date."

"A-a date?..." I blushed more. "No way. A date shouldn't be around others along with being underwater. We'll save that for when we have an actual date." I managed to smirk back at him.

"We'll see.~" He said in that teasing tone of voice of his. If I wasn't underwater right now my legs would've have gone jelly like.

"Hey, I think I found something!" Power-Man suddenly called out as he swam over and lifted up a heavy rock out of the way, breaking off our conversation.

My eyes widen once I caught sight of the Asgardian armor of the Destroyer. Thor told me a little about it before. But what was it doing here in New York?

"What is it?" Nova questioned.

"Asgardian armor of some sort. But no sight of Thor. Weird..." I muttered. I didn't need my telepathic powers to know I got a bad feeling.

"And look. A norne stone." Iron Fist also pointed out the weird stone object attached to the Destroyer.

"Director Fury, we found something." White Tiger contacted him but us being underwater was messing with our communications.

"Good... but... unstable.. make sure you... touch it." Fury said between bits of static.

"Did he say touch it?" Nova asked confused.

"No. He said don't touch it." Power-Man clarified despite it being all staticky.

"I heard him. He specifically said 'touch it'." Nova stated.

"Hey, bucket head. It's Asgardian armor! You touch it then POOF! You'll turn into a frog, a pig..." He stopped talking as he seemed to have slipped into one of his silly realities. "Hey, on second thought, I think he did say to touch it."

"Wait, is that supposed to be reversed psychologically, arach-nerd? You touch it." Nova sneered at him. "Just admit it. You're scared of a little Asgardian hocus pocus."