Chapter 32: New Warriors

"You know, I'm starting to think this is part of the norm now." I heard the familiar voice that belong to a certain human rocket say.

"What? Everyone causing her to pass out from shock at every new information about her life? Yeah, I can see that." The only girl on our team said.

"We should start tying a pillow to her head. It'll soften the blow." The strongest on our team stated.

I just mentally rolled my eyes at their conversation before I started to come to. I opened my eyes and let my vision focus again before I caught their attention. "You know I can hear you all, right?..."

"Sorry. It's just... it's nerve wracking yet expected whenever we see you in the med bay." Tiger said as she walked over and helped me sit up.

"Are you alright?" I turned my head and saw the concerned look on my partner's face as he was seated right next to me.

"I'm fine... just... I don't even remember why I... wait... no. I do... what was it?" I knocked my fist against my head as I desperately tried hard to remember why I passed out in the first place.

"Just take it easy. You were out for a while this time. A whole day even." Iron Fist said which made my eyes widen.

"I- what?!" I exclaimed, not expecting to hear that.

Man... what wracked my brain really took it out of me. I must've been so shocked by whatever it was to the point I was out for twenty four hours!

"I bet you enjoyed your nap. Now care to tell us what's going on?" Nova asked.

"Easy, bucket head. If she doesn't remember we can't just force it out of her." Tiger stated.

"Wait... I think I do remember. Spidey and I were trying to recruit a new warrior... but he wasn't... he was..." I tried to explain but I couldn't piece together the information I had since I couldn't remember much. I must've hit my head hard on something when I blacked out.

"Did it have something to do with that weird new mutant, Vulture?" Power-Man asked. "Cause that's the only explanation I can think of."

"Vulture?... Wait... VULTURE! It's him!" I shouted frantically which shocked the others.

"Way to go, dude. Now you got her all in a frenzy." Nova muttered.

"I didn't think-"

"No! I-it's him! Vulture! Wait... what was his name? I found out his name... Aler... Ade.. Ad- ADRIAN!" I stammered once I finally remembered his name. "His DNA... I studied it! It's a match! It was a match!" I kept shouting as I stood up and started to frantically pace around.

"Ari, you need to calm down." Iron Fist stopped me and grabbed hold of my hands. "What is it you remember?"

But I didn't respond. My body felt like it was going into shock again as I was starting to hyperventilate. I was staring at nothing while my mind was finally flooding with the memories that happened yesterday.

"He... I... I have a brother... I have a brother!" I stated.

"YOU WHAT?!" They all shouted and looked at me in shock.

"Wait, are you saying..." Tiger trailed off.

"Adrian is the Vulture and the Vulture is Adrian. And Adrian... is my half brother! My mom had a son before me and she never told me!" I exclaimed.

"Ow... that's cold." Nova said which earned him a smack to the back of the head.

"I don't... why is... how did... I can't..." I stuttered as I felt my eyes sting with tears. Why? Why was I never told about this? Why did mom keep this a secret? How is Adrian my brother? Why is there so much about my mother that I don't know?! Why did she keep it a secret?! Or maybe... she didn't know? No, she'd have to have known! Mom, I wish you were here so you could tell me! "WHY IS MY LIFE SO COMPLICATED AND CONFUSING?!"