Chapter 36: Into The Ari-Verse: Part One

(Warning: Sensitive topics ahead.)

......................

The loud sounds of alarms blaring got everyone's immediate attention. Spider-Man got together both of his teams together and rushed to the brig where all the commotion started. Everything was in tow with the spider hero. Well, everyone except Valor.

"Come on, guys! We gotta stop- Goblin?! Escaping again?! Seriously?!" Spider-Man complained before he sprung into action and grabbed the mutant villain's attention by webbing his shoulder. "Not so fast there, Gobby! Last time you were free you sent me through portals to other universes with different versions of me! I'm not up for anymore of your games!"

"Oh, spider. Must you always ruin the fun? Not everything is about you." The villain smirked before he charged right at him and the group of heroes.

"Look out!" Iron Spider called out before the all scattered.

But to their utter confusion, Goblin wasn't going after any of them. Instead, the villain was running down the hall and down to a secret room.

"Where is he going?" White Tiger questioned.

"Whatever his messed up mind is thinking, it's probably not good. Let's go!" Spider-Man called out before he followed after the villain, swinging down the hallway of the Triskelion with the heroes rushed after him.

Once they all caught up, they saw that Goblin was grabbing hold of a small crystal like relic that made the spider hero's eyes widen with shock. "No! Not the Siege Perilous!"

"The what? What is that thing? Why does S.H.I.E.L.D have it?" Nova asked.

"Long story. Just focus on getting that thing away from him before he opens up a portal!" Spider-Man ordered.

"I'm on it, Spidey! Get your claws off that thing, freak!" Venom called out before he launched a sticky tendril at the villain, trying to grab the relic from his hands but failed when Goblin caught hold of it and easily lifted Venom up and swung him aside.

"I won't let you stop me again! This time I found a way to charge it without using that foolish Electro! Try and stop me now, spider!" Goblin cackled evilly before he clutched the glowing relic in his hands and a portal formed right in front of him! "I have bigger plans to complete now!" And with that, Goblin jumped through the portal, leaving all the heroes shocked.

"NO! Not again!" Spider-Man exclaimed before he rushed after Goblin and jumped through the portal with him.

"Spidey! That idiot! After him!" Nova called out and the classic S.H.I.E.L.D team followed after the spider through the portal before it closed, leaving the New Warriors behind.

"What. Just. Happened?" Iron Spider asked, trying to process the whole situation through his head.

Half of the hero team was gone and now traveling through the swirling lights of a portal into who knows where.

"What did you get us into now, Spidey?!" Nova shouted.

"Me?! I didn't- oh, forget it! Goblin is taking us somewhere. Where? I don't know. But it can't be good! Last time we traveled through different universes he planned to take DNA from other versions of me." He explained.

"Wait, so there are more Spider-Mans'? That's gonna be annoying." Power-Man questioned.

"He could be doing it again! We have to stop him!" Spider-Man exclaimed before the trail of the portal ended and they all fell through.

They all shouted as they went free falling down from midair and crash landed on top of a tall rooftop in the middle of the city.

Groaning from the pain on impact, White Tiger was the first to stand up to her feet and looked across the night sky with blinding city lights before she looked down at the bustling city below her. "Guys... we're still in New York."