Chapter 7: Science Fair

Ok, so, this day was strange. Literally the whole class was asleep, having weird and odd dreams then all of a sudden, we all woke up in a daze. It was odd. And horrifying. My dream, I mean. It was awful. I was losing everyone that was close to me. Luckily that's all it was. A nightmare.

"Ok, we all had weird dreams, but no one remembers falling asleep or waking up?" Luke asked as we walked down the hall.

"Something's going on." Ava spoke.

"I don't know what you guys are so worried about. We took a nap. I feel great." Sam said while yawning.

"Its just... strange. Why would everyone fall asleep at the exact same time, dream weird dreams, and wake up at the exact same time?" I questioned.

"I'm sure its noting." Ava said, looking like she was trying to hide something.

"Yeah, you worry too much Ari. Just forget about it." Sam said, trying to move on from the subject.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to forget it." I muttered as I shuddered at the mere thought of my nightmare.

As we continued our way down the hall, we came to a stop when the others saw Peter and Danny in the detention room "asleep" as Peter held a tophat in his hands. No idea where he got that.

"Check this out." Sam laughed and walked up to them while taking out a marker from his pocket. "Hey, how do you spell doofus backwards?"

"I don't know. Why don't you go look in the mirror and write it on your forehead." I chuckled

"Ha ha, every funny Ari." He rolled eyes and was about to write something but a white bunny popped out of the hat causing Sam to run out the room screaming as we laughed. I knew they were faking it. But I didn't know Sam had leporiphobia. Although where did Thy get the rabbit? Maybe the science room?

"Ok, that was worth it." Ava chuckled. "But how did you two end up in here?" she asked.

"Oh, uh, we accidently fell asleep in here." Pete said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"In the detention room?" I questioned.

"Yeah, we end up in here a lot." Peter shrugged as if he was used to the fact about being in detention.

"All of you?" I asked and they all nodded. Even Danny. "Why?"

"We uh, miss classes a lot." Luke said, trying to come up with a better excuse than Peter.

"Sure." I playfully rolled my eyes, not really caring about the excuse at the moment. "Anyways, though the school day is almost over, we still need to head over to the science lab. Principal Coulson wanted to speak to us about something."

"And you listened?" Peter asked to which he deserved a smack on the back of the head by Ava.

"Yes. My dad told me that of I don't bring up my grades, then I'll be pulled from school. Which I know he'd never do, but I don't wanna take the chances." I explained.

"Ok, I'm just gonna say it. Your dad is a jerk." Peter said to which I laughed at.

"If you get the chance to meet him you'll call him more than a jerk. Now come on!" I shouted and ran to the science room.

Once everyone was seated Principal Coulson started to explain what we're gonna do.

"Alright everyone, listen up. Each of you will be put into teams to create a project for the science fair." He explained.

"Science fair?" Peter questioned.

"Yes, the science fair. I can not stress how important this is. Now listen, I am splitting you into teams. Sam Alexander and Ava Ayala are a team,"