Chapter 31: The Vulture

After a couple of days, Spider-Man and I have gathered a few new students to join our new team of heroes. So far we've gotten Agent Venom who's Flash, Squirrel Girl who I never even heard of until now, and now the new Iron Spider who was a new exchange student at our school, Amadeus Cho. I know a little bit about him. I also know that Peter used to be jealous of him for being upstaged. But now they're getting along. We also had to put a stop to Taskmaster when he tried to recruit Cho with Spider-Man's old Iron Spider armor suit. But luckily his plan failed.

Turns out Taskmaster has the same list that we have to recruit the new heroes. So it's a race to see who can recruit who first. But right now, we had to put our little recruit mission on hold when something big came up on the news. And it wasn't something good.

"Keep your eye on the sky, New Yorkers. A menace is terrorizing our city from above! A flying monster man known as the Vulture!" Jameson said over on the Daily Bugle news.

"I must have webs in my ears. Jonah is ranting about a menace. And it's not me." Spider-Man said with surprise.

But I just smirked to myself as I knew that moment was just coming up.

"No doubt it's probably just Spider-Man in some new mangled costume!" Ah, there it is!

"And order is once again restored. But seriously, a new costume? Like I got that kind of money. What does he think this is? Halloween?" He scoffed.

"Eh, don't sweat it. I like the blue and red combo. Makes you stand out like an easy target." I smirked as I let out a taunting laugh and I jumped down off the roof of the building we were standing on.

"Rude!" He exclaimed as he swung down after me as he got a call from the one eyed eagle boss. "Yo, Fury. And before you ask, no I haven't seen our winged target yet."

"Stay on it. S.H.I.E.L.D wants this Vulture out of the sky." Fury ordered.

"Right, because that's your turf." Spider-Man responded sarcastically. "But seriously, how do we even know Vulture is a bad guy? He hasn't hurt anyone yet."

"Not yet. But he's committed crimes." Fury stated.

"Against other criminals. He's probably just misunderstood. Like a certain web slinger once was." Spider-Man hinted. "And FYI, I find it faster if I could fly. Jet pack." He said through a fake cough which Fury just hung up on him. "Gonna take that as a maybe."

"Why need a jet pack when you got me?" I asked as I crossed my arms, giving him an offended look.

"I didn't say you aren't helpful. But it would be nice if I could fly whenever you're busy doing you're own thing." He clarified.

"Right." I smirked before I heard a cry for help and I looked down at the busy city streets where I saw a mugger stealing a briefcase from a random civilian.

"Now that sounds like a cry for a friendly neighborhood-" Spider-Man and I were about to jump dow and help when the sudden winged creature from the news swooped down and captured the crook, taking him to the sky. "Vulture?!"

"Come on! We can't lose him!" I called out as I flew after the deformed bird human hybrid with Spider-Man right on my tail.

"Hold it, feathers! We gotta talk!" Spider-Man called out only to receive a loud shriek in return.

The Vulture then took hold of the briefcase in his talons before he let go of the crook, letting him drop down to the ground.

"Go save him! I got Vulture!" I ordered the spider hero who listened and swung down to go save the mugger's life while I tried to stay on Vulture's tail. "Come on, we just wanna talk!" I pushed myself to fly faster til I was right next to him, both of us flying through the night sky. I was only ignored but was given a very creepy bird like glare from his dark red eyes. And I felt like I've seen this situation before.