Chapter 29: Agent Venom

So, turns out after the whole venom Asgardian apocalypse, some of the symbiote managed to survive and wasn't destroyed. Meaning Spider-Man was tasked with the clean up and I decided to go along with him for the time being as a way to stretch my legs out and get some exercise in.

However, the night wasn't as peaceful as I hope it would be when all we could hear was Jameson's usual rant about the spider menace as he called it. "Look at this. Yet another sign of our decaying society! But I blame Spider-Man! He's deceived our impressionable youth by pretending to be an Avenger! Mark my words, the Avengers will end up being ruined by that leech!"

"How am I a leech?" Spider-Man scoffed, already fed up with Jameson's words.

"I hate him. He's always so loud and annoying. But as Cap always says, freedom of speech. You don't have to agree, but you can't shut them up." I sighed.

"When it happens, and believe you me, it will happen. I'm not gonna say I told you so!" Jameson went on when suddenly a forming pile of symbiote started to appear on the big screen.

"Found it." I called out in enthusiastically.

"Ugh, got something on your face there J. Jonah Jerky." Spider-Man jumped off from the side of the building he was perched on and swung over and landed on the big screen as I followed. He got out his latest new tech that helped him safely extract the symbiote into a small container while Jameson still went on about his rant. That was easier than it seemed. Too easy.

And I think Spider-Man felt the same as both of our senses went off when a sudden long black tail smashed a small hole into the screen as we jumped back to dodge the attack. I had a feeling I knew who it was.

"Well, well. Look who it is. Our old pal, Scorpion. How's the hitting people with your butt thing going for ya?" Spider-Man asked jokingly which I honestly tried not to laugh at. But I knew right now was a serious situation.

"Don't mock. There's something off about him." I stated. And just to prove my point, once Scorpion turned around we were both shocked to see that he was covered in venom. Scorpion plus venom is not a good match. "And look who's venomized. Not good."

Wait... how did he even escape his cell in the first place? Oh, nevermind. That's not important right now.

"Now that's scary." Spider-Man yelled and jumped to swing away from the venomized villain, leading him over onto a nearby rooftop as I followed. So much for a peaceful night. "Don't worry, a little voltage should take the venom right off." He shot a web at the villain to try and electrocute him but venom Scorpion easily dodged it. "Unless you do that."

"Quit playing around! This is serious! I'll try and pin him down then you zap him!" I ordered as I flew down and lunged forward at the venomized Scorpion.

"No, Valor! You're still hurt!" Spider-Man tried to stop me but I didn't listen as I kept trying to dodged every attack that was thrown at me.

"Relax, I'm almost fully healed. And you know venom and I know Scorpion. Two minds are better than one so get to it!" I shouted as I was suddenly knocked back when his tail flicked me to the side. "Ugh! Rude!"

I was just about to get up and lunge at him again but someone beat me to it. A guy wearing a makeshift Spider-Man costume and mask jumped down to try and land a hit on the venomized villain but he was using a boxing glove tied down onto a metal pole as a weapon which didn't do anything against venom Scorpion.

"Back off! I'm... Spider-Man two! No, that's not it. Oh wait, I got it! Make way for the Scarlet Spider!" The guy shouted. And by the sound of his voice I could easily tell it was Flash, the high school jock and former bully of Peter's from our school. But he has no idea what he's getting into.