Chapter 21 - Mistake

Danny's P.O.V

I ran to the closest bus stop and waited impatiaiantly for the bus to arrive. Flo's answer machine kept replaying in my head, I won't be back for a while but will come home at some point. She was coming back -she said so - but she'd left... And so had Eric.

When I arrived home I tore through the woods to Eric's house. Empty. There were clothes all over his room as if he'd packing in a hurry and the door hadn't even been locked.

Flo...

Flora's P.O.V

This was a mistake, I want to go home. The car sped along to moterway, stopping only for fuel and food.

"Eric?" No answer. "Eric... I want to go home."

"No."

"Please!" He stared straight ahead at the road. I slumped back into my seat, I wish I never said yes to running away with him.

I need to be with Mum and Dad, I need to finish school, get a job, have a normal life but now I've just thrown it all down the drain - or at least Eric has. What did I see in him anyway?!

I pulled out my old phone.
Danny's P.O.V

"Flo, it's Danny, you need to come home, your Mum's gotten worse. She's really bad now. Wherever you are, come home." I hung up the phone and looked through the window of the hospital door. Inside was Mrs Smith, laying on a bed and Mr Smith was sat at the foot of the bed, his head in his hands.