Chapter 5 - I Over Slept

The next day I walked home on my own. Last night had been amazing. It had been hard to stop, but I had before anything too serious happened. We'd then fallen asleep, tangled together, untill the morning when I woke with a start and reality had come back to me. I'd felt silent tears slip down my face and drop onto Jon's chest.

Jon then woke as I moved and strocked my head of flame. I slipped from his grasp, pulled on my skirt (It had come off at some point last night) and made a bee-line for the bathroom. After crying, kissing and walking back and forth between houses, I stank.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Yesterday's mascara was in streaks down my face and my hair was so tangled looked like a mane. I started to wash, gave up, and had a shower. The water running away my sweat and pain felt good.

Now, on my way home, I thought about what I would say when I got back. First there was the issue of my staying out all night and second all the questions I wanted answers to.

I reached my front door and put my hand on the handle. I then changed my mind and knocked. My Dad answered it almost immediately.

"She's here!" He yelled and gathered me in a hug. "Don't ever do that to us again." he whispered against my neck. He didn't even ask where I'd been.

"Flo!" called my mum from the kitchen. I went to her and looked at my parents. It looked like they hadn't slept at all last night. I looked at the clock on the wall and swore.

"School started 15 minutes ago!" I said, panicked, and ran up stairs. Once in my room I changed my clothes for a blue spotty dress that reached my knees and brushed my hair, (again) letting it flow around my shoulders. I ran to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and flew back down stairs to the kitchen. I huriedly kissed both of my parents and grabbed my bag from the hall.

"Wait Flo!" called my dad from the kitchen just as I reached the door. He came into the hall with his car keys. I flushed and thanked him as we stepped outside together and got into his LandRover.

"So," he asked "Where have you been?" I swallowed. I didn't really want my dad to know I spent the night at my boyfriends house.

"I was at Sophie's." I said lamely. I knew he knew I was lying but he let it go.

"I saw you got my note." he said and I remembered the note I screwed up and left on the floor. I just nodded once and we went the rest of the way in silence.

"Where were you this morning?" said Christy.

"Ummm, I over slept." I stuttered and went back to nibbling on the half a cupcake Gem gave ne because I forgot my lunch.

Just then, Eric walked in and came over to our table.

"Hey Eric!" gushed Gem. What was he doing back on our table?

"Hi... Gem was it?" Gem nodded. "What are you guys up to?"

"Eating." said Jon as he sat down. He looked at me and I blushed. Jon gave me a look that said; Have you told them? I shook my head.

"Sorry for interrupt your 'eating' then." said Eric and stood up to leave. "See you later Flo." he said. Why would I see him later? I thought but let it go.

"Cone on Babe." said Jon as I finished my cake.

"Comin'" I said, "Thanks for the cake Gem!"

"No problem!" she replied as I followed after Jon.

"You need to tell them." he said as soon as we were out if hearing range.

"I know." I said as we walked into our history class. "I will tell them soon."

"I know you will." he said and I found my seat at the back of the room just as Miss Roberts walked in.