Chapter 10 - Choices

"What's going on?" I asked sternly. He was wearing a red shirt sleeved shirt (which was torn at the back, a lot) and ripped jeans but the thing that worried me was that he was covered in blood.

"Don't worry, the blood's not mine," he said, "I came back late and a wolf jumped at me, but I'm fine." he added quickly. Worry filled me despite his reassurance.

"A wolf?" I said.

"Yes, but it's fine, your safe here. Now, Danny says you're going to church which means you need somthing churchy to wear." I noticed he'd changed the subject but I was glad. "Come on then." he said and I followed him into the main bathroom, and into his 'Formal Wear' wardrobe. "I don't have that many clothes" he said. "They're mostly just spare."

He walked to the end of the wardrobe and came back with a white dress bag. He held it away from the blood on his clothes and gave it to me.

"Thank-you."

"You're welcome." he left the bathroom allowing me room to change. I opened the bag. Inside was the most magnificent dress. It was perfect for church, not too dressy yet you wouldn't wear it every day.

It had an elasticated top with spaghetti straps and a skirt that went to about mid thigh length. The skirt itself was ruffled, with layers, and the whole dress was a hot pink. The fabric was chiffon and the under skirt was silky and smooth.

I pulled it on and returned to the blue room. I was sure in one of dressers there had been underwear... ah here it is.

Like he said, Danny arrived at nine and took me through the forest. He was wearing a shirt and smart trousers.

We climbed into a car, I assumed it was Danny's and set off. When we arrived Danny introduced me to.some of his other friends. There was; Charlotte, James, Andrea, Thomas, Francesca and Matthew. They all seemed nice enough.

We went into the service and sat down. After a song, called You're Beautiful,(which truely was a beautiful song) all the congregation under 18 left the main church. There were quite a few of us, and even some babies! I followed Danny and his friends into a room. We were obviously the older group.

There were beanbags scattered around the room and the other were arranging them into a kind of circle and sitting down. I sat next to Danny and Charlotte. A young woman entered the room and also took a seat on the floor.

"Hello!" She said, "How's your week been?" she talked to the kids like they were her friends. Goods and greats could be heard as the teenagers answered her question.

"It seems we have a visitor here today." She said and smiled, "My name is Dorethy. What's yours?"

"Flo." I said and couldn't help but smile. This woman was so happy!

"Well Flo, today we are looking at choices and how hard they can sometimes be..." she continued her lesson and I listened. This was really interesting. I learned how in the bible it says, "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps." I may not believe in a God, but, I know someone, somewhere, is watching out for me.

Choices are hard, and sometimes we chose wrong, but if we correct ourselves nothing can hurt us.