Chapter 9 - The forrest is dangerous at night

Eric and I sat on the sofa together. It didn't feel awkward like it usually does with a new boyfriend. It felt right. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me as we watched 'Eastenders' on the flat screen. It was 6:30 now and I was starting to get tired.

"I should go." I said and looked up into Eric's almost black eyes.

"Please stay," he begged, "just a little longer, we could go see if Danny's in?"

"Ok just a little longer." I said and I settled back down and I know it was only 20 to 7 but I fell asleep against his chest.

I woke up in the same position. It was dark outside and I looked at the clock on the wall, 11:00. Wait, 11:00! I needed to get home.

I looked around for Eric but I couldn't see him, only a golden figure in the dark.

"Danny?" I asked and Danny stepped into the light. "What are you doing here?"

"Watching over you while Eric's out."

"Why? Where's Eric?"

"Like I said, out." said Danny and with a stern look from me he said, "He just said he was going out and if I wouldn't mind coming down to watch over you."

"Why? Couldn't he just leave a note?" Danny shrugged. "Well, I need to get home." I said.

"Well," he said mimicking my tone, "You can't."

"And why not?"

"The forest is dangerous at night"

"Oh." I said, that did make sense.

"Eric said that if you woke you could use one of the guest rooms.

"Ok,"I said and stood up, "Are we still on for tomorrow?"

"And I was worried you'd forgotten." he smiled, "I'll get you from here at nine-ish."

"But I won't have anything to wear." I said.

"Ask Eric. He has clothes."

I nodded and went towards the door to go to the blue room. Once in the room alone I saw there was a lock on the door so I slid it across and took off my dress.

The bed was cool and clean. It smelt of lavender. Soon I was asleep beyond waking.

There was a knock at the door. "Who is it?" I asked as I pulled on a purple robe from a hook by the door.

"Eric." he said and I unlocked the door.

"Hi." I smiled but when I properly saw him I gasped. "Eric, what's going on?"