Chapter 19 - Upside down

Danny's P.O.V

The next day at school Flo wasn't there. I know we weren't talking but I still kept tabs on her whereabouts. Okay that sounded wrong I am not a stalker ok! I just wanted to make sure she was safe.

I looked round the lunch room once more and then walked over to her friends. All conversation went quiet when I came close.

"Hi guys..." I trailed off and the three girls gave me death glares. If looks could kill, I would be so dead right now.

"What do you want?" snapped Gem, she seemed to be the most outspoken.

"I was just wondering if you knew where Flo is today?"

"She called me last night." Said Christy, the shy twin, "She said she felt ill this morning."

"Oh, okay." I walked towards the table I usually sit at when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Daniel,"

"Yes?" Sophie pulled me towards the side of the hall.

"What ever Flo told Christy, she was lying." My eyes widened.

"Sophie, where is Flo?"

"Her parents called my parents, apparently she's missing, I over heard the conversation, my parents made me not tell the others." I tuned out after the word missing. Flo was missing?

"I'm going to call Eric." I said and walked to the hallway outside the canteen. I pressed on the contact I had of Eric and waited. He didn't pick up-no suprise there.
Maybe he's at home I thought. I dialed my parents home phone.

"Hello?" Clare, my little sister, answered

"Hi Clare, it's Danny."

"Oh hello Danny!" I could almost hear the grin my sister wore on her face. She was only 6.

"Is Eric home?"

"No, he went somewhere last night." He did? I didn't know that.

"Thanks Clare."

Next I called Flo, it went to voice mail and I was going to hang up when I heard the message she had set up on her phone.
Hi, this is Flo but I have decided to to change my number. Sorry for any inconvenience. I won't be home for a while but I will come back at some point. I haven't been kidnapped so don't involve the police, I will see yoy soon if you are family or friends and sorry, I have decided not to tell you my new number, you can leave a message if you want but I probally won't check it. The message was rushed, probally to fit it all in.

My whole world was just flipped upside down.

~~~
A.N - The pic is of Bella Thorn who plays Flora Smith