Chapter 2 - Twilight Boy

I sat in the lunch hall eating my sandwhiches with the twins when he walked in. He had dark hair, the colour of twilight, slightly blue and eyes to match. His skin was pale but not unnaturally and he moved in a way that could only be described as... unique. He looked about a year older than me and this was confirmed by the year 12 girls surrounding him.

"Who's he?" Gem asked me.

"How should I know?"

"Well you are staring at him." said Christy.

"Who isn't?" I answered again with a question.

"Us!" said both of them at the same time. They do that sometimes.

"Yeah but your strange." I said trying to ignore the people calling my name and asking about Jess. Who's that guy at the end? and Will you write a sequel? were two of the main questions.

Jon walked in scowling. He glared at the mysterious guy and continued to walk toward us.

"Are you OK?" I asked as soon as he was close enouth to hear.

"I'm fine." he said through his locked jaw. He was not fine. He sat heavily on the seat next to me and I leaned over to kiss him. As I pulled back I really studied him.

His dark brown hair, almost black, was uncombed and stuck up at funny angles, his grey eyes were quick and efficient as he looked around the room and his tall body towers over me, even when we're sat down.

"You're staring at me." he observed.

"That I am." I said.

"Why?"

"Because I'm so in love."

"With who?" He asked, the teasing tone in his voice saying you better answer this correctly.

"Oh, it's this guy I met a few months back. You may know him."

"And what's his name?"

"I'm guessing Jonathan." said Gem, inturupting our romantic moment.

"Definetly Jon." I said, trying to get it back but failing. I sighed, leaned on his shoulder, took a bite and closed my eyes.

"Is this seat taken?" asked an un familier voice. I opened my eyes.

"N-no." stuttered Christy and the twilight haired boy seated himself next to her.

"I'm new here. My name's Eric."

"H-hi." said Christy and Jon's scowl returned. Oh, he's jealous I thought and went back to my sandwich.

"Hi, I'm Gem, this is my sister Christy, my friend Flora." I smiled in greeting, "and her boyfriend Jon." Jon scowled at Eric.

"Cool, I think I'm in the year above you." he realised.

"Yeah," I said "but that's OK."

"So are you in year 11, Flora?"

"Umm yes, but you can call me Flo. Everyone does." Jon scowled some more.

Later we discovered that Eric and I had lessons in the same direction so I offered to show him the way to his class (which earned me a glare from Jon, I rolled my eyes). On the way I learned nothing about him despite the countless questions I asked. We had 2 minutes till class started so as I turned to leave I said my final question, "Who are you?" He smiled a sly smile and said, "Who are you Flora Smith?" and with that he went into his class.

When had I told him my surname? I thought, shrugged it off and hurried down the hall to my class that I would un doubtly be late to.