Chapter 22 - I Will

2 YEARS LATER
Flo's P.O.V

I pulled Sam up into my arms. The one year old was quite a handful, espessially since I was only 18 and didn't have a job, or even a full education.

After I ran away with Eric I noticed my mistake and tried to get home. When I found the voice mail message Danny left on my phone I was worried beyond belief. I begged Eric to take us home but he just said it wasn't home any more.

I tried to escape Eric but he found me. He found me every time after that as well and always punished me. He even made me cut my hair. It's short now, in a pixie cut. I hate it, I hate him.

A year ago today, Sam was born. He has golden hair like his uncle which angered Eric. I had to keep Sam out of his sight for two weeks before I was sure he wouldn't hurt him.

I don't love Eric. Not anymore. I'm not sure how I ever could have. He treats me like a slave rather than his fiancee. That's right, he proposed. I tried to say no but when I found I was pregnant I had to. Sam needed things like food and clothes and I had nothing.

I promise myself every day that I will escape. If I don't, I can't live any more.
Danny's P.O.V

I walked out the church with the sentiments card I'd brought earlier that week. I walked quickly towards Flo's house and rapped at the door.

Mr Smith answered the door. His face was tear stained and red.

"I brought this for you." I held out the card which he snatched away.

"Thank-you" Mr Smith threw the card onto a sideboard along with many others. He cleared his throat, "Any thing from Flo."

"No, I try to call her every night."

"Well, just keep trying." He turned back to the house and locked the door.

"I will." I whispered, "I promise."