Chapter 27 - Safety

Eric's P.O.V
I had found her. I stepped out of the shadows and she screamed. Very, very, loudly. Good, she should be scared. I moved forward my twilight hair blending almost perfectly with the sky.
Flo was scrabbling with her seatbelt but eventually gave up on it and turned the key. The car started but I was already there, stood right in her way.
Her wild, terrified, eyes whipped round to look at our son. Her hands shook on the wheel but she did what I knew she'd do and shut off the engine.
Of course she did. Despite it all she did love me did she not? Notice the rhetorical question.

Flo's P.O.V
That vile piece of shit! I twisted the key and shut the car off. I couldn't run over him despite all the troubles ans heart ache he'd caused me. My rucksack was on the seat next to me and I grabbed it. Wrenching it open I pulled out my Bible and began to pray, rocking back and forth as I did.
Silent at times but other times shouting into the darkness. Prayers of thanks, paryers filled with pleads and begs.
Sam stayed quiet and watched me delicatly tear through the Bible, tears streaming down my face...
I then I stopped. A warmth like no other filled me, starting at my toes. It's long, soft, fingers brushed past my skin as they glided up my arms and legs. A woven cloth of gold, winding it's way around me, cacooning me, keeping me safe.
I opened my eyes, not knowing they'd been shut in the first place and saw before me not Eric, leaning on the bonnet tormenting me as he was doing before, but Danny and about 20 police men. I burst into tears.