Chapter 17 - No, I can't. Can I?

Over the next few weeks, and over the half term, Eric and I had no more mega arguments but the disagreements between Danny and I grew more constant and more in depth. Currently I wasn't talking to him.

I lay on my bed in my freshly painted bedroom and tryed to ignore the soft crys from the bedroom next to mine.

"Flo!" called my dad and I sighed. Here we go again. I went into the hall and help my mother to the car. After her fall afew months back she had to go in much more frequently and to be honest it was getting kinda boring. I had already accepted her death and her being here longer made it harder so I pushed down my emotions, no matter how hard, and put on my 'big girl' face.

I stood up and walked through to my parents bedroom. As I helped lower my mum into the car my dad said,

"Flo, I understand that you find this whole situation hard. I do too, you just need to understand that... Well... We just need to plow through it."

"I know Dad." I had had those words delivered to me in so many different ways over the past weeks.

~~~

"Flo!"

A tapping noise came to my widow. I walked over to see Eric throwing pebbles. I opened the window and a small stone flew through it, narrowly missing my head.

"Eric! What are you doing?!" I said on a quiet shout so I wouldn't wake my parents.

"I couldn't stay away. I missed yoy two much. Where were you yesterday?" He pouted up at me.

"In hospital, again." I said and dragged out the again.

"Come down?"

"Sure, one moment."

I retreted back into my bedroom and shut the window. I pulled a wooly jumper over my vest top and sleep shorts. I tip-toed down stairs and out the front door.

"You know it's like 1am." I said by means of greeting.

"Wow, you look hot." Eric drapped an arm over my shoulder and I snuggled into him. Goosebumps were forming on my bare legs and I shivered.

"Cold?" I nodded. Eric started to rub my bare thigh with his spare hand. It went higher and higher until I took took of it and rested in on my knee, shaking my head at him.

"No."

"You tourter me baby." He groaned, "You come out in that get up and don't let me touch you. So not fair." I chuckled.

"You know I don't want to do that."

"I know." He sighed.

"I should go."

"No, stay, come with me."

"Dressed like this? Where would we even go?" I used my voice of reason.

"I don't know, we could run away? You need a break from looking out for your mum." Run away! Run away!? Actually... That doesn't sound like a bad idea... No! I can't just leave my dad! Or could I? Why do I keep doing this! I really need to see a doctor about this whole arguing thing...

"You know I can't." I said, "I really should go. See you later." I pecked him on the lips and turned into the house.

A.N - Bella Thorne to the side. She plays Flo. (Or you can imagine the girl on the cover is her your choice) Sorry it's so late. Had trouble with wattpad servers. :P