Chapter 12 - Home

"Are you Ok?" asked the huge man. I nodded and tried to pull away. "No, your not Ok. What's wrong?" Drake's voice was soft and he seemed to be helping me. Well I suppose that just proves the saying, don't judge a book by its cover.

"I want to go home." I admitted as Eric burst out from the dancers and came towards me.

"Eric, why don't you take Flo home and get some rest." said Drake, "You look like you need to cool down."

"No. The idea was I finally got to come out again and I could bring my girlfriend with me. We're not leaving!" Eric shouted so loud that near by dancers stopped to watch.

"Eric, I want to go home." I said slowly and calmly for what seemed like the 100th time that night. Eric glared at me. And then at Drake. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him. "Please." I whispered and he sighed and gave in.

"Come on then."

I had been getting used to Eric's mood swings. I just wasn't too sure I liked his clubbing hobbies. Eric took my hand and as we reached the car I passed him his keys.

"Why did you have my keys?"

"How else was I supposed to drive away?"

We sat in silence for a while then.

"Your clothes!" exclaimed Eric. "They're at mine!"

"It's Ok. Just bring them to me at school." Eric nodded.

When we arrived home I pecked Eric on the cheek and slipped out of the car. I unlocked the house and sneaked inside to not wake my parents. Once safely in my room, I pulled out clothes for church the next day. After that one visit with Danny I had gone back every week. Charlotte and I were pretty close.

I changed into my silky P.Js (the ones with the roses on) and fell into a deep sleep.