Chapter 29 - Home

Danny P.O.V

I used to not be able to say I hated my brother, until now. I strode towards him and glared at him. His face inches from mine.

"That child is better off with no father than with the likes of you." I spat and Eric growled at me, pulling against the men holding him. I nodded at them in thanks and spun on my heal towards Flo. A policewoman had wrapped a blanket around her shoulders and was slowly rubbing her back in comfort as silent tears slipped down her face. "I'm so sorry Flo. I should have done something. Two years!" I cried exasperated. "Come on, your Dad will want to see you."

"And Mum?" Flo asked her tear stained face hopeful but it fell as I didn't answer and she let out a shaky breath.

"I'm sorry." I reached out and ran my hand through her hair, now short and spikey. I liked it. It framed her delicate face well. Flo let out a sob and pulled me to her, being careful not to hurt the baby she held in the process. "What's his name?"

"Sam." She smiled down at the boy who looked at her with wide innocent eyes, so much like my own. Flo took in a deep breath before she gave Sam to me and marched over to Eric. Caught unawares, and suddenly holding a half asleep child (it will always amazing me how children can sleep through anything), I didn't have time to react and so by the time I had opened by mouth to call to her she had already slapped Eric across the face.

"You'll regret that bitch." Eric reached out to grab her but was once again restrained.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I am going to have to ask you to kindly step away." A police officer asked. Flo nodded and came back to me. I expected her to take Sam off me but she didn't, instead she climbed into the passenger set of her own car and called to me. "Come on. I think it's time I went home."