Chapter 30 - Story

4 Years Later

Flo's P.O.V

I looked at the little girl in my arms. Although her hair was little it was shockingly midnight blue and the she had the deepest indigo eyes you could imagine. Her plump little fingers were closed tightly in a fist around my own and she looked at me inquisitively. "Hello Mary," I whispered to my little girl. Just then Sam came bounding in, squealing with delight as he did. The five year old had been waiting ever so patiently outside my hospital room to see his new baby sister but evidently not patiently enough. Danny followed, shrugging at me as if to say Sorry, the boy wouldn't stay put! I smiled at Sam as he clambered on to the bed and gazed at Mary. Danny walked over to me.

"Care to see your daughter?" I asked.

" I could look at her all day." He replied and sat on the edge of the bed next to me, leaning down to give me a kiss.

"Eurgh!" Sam protested, "Yuck!" and he wrinkled his nose in disgust. Danny and I chuckled at him before gazing back down at Mary. She was so perfect. Named after my mother she would forever be a reminder of my past, but at the same time, a testament to my future.

"Mummy!" Sam complained, "I'm bored!" He tugged at my arm, trying to get me up.

"Sorry Sweetie." I stroked his forehead. "I'm to tired to come play. Can Daddy come?"

"No you!" He slid off the bed and stamped his foot.

" Why don't you play with Mary?" Danny suggested.

"How?"

"I'll show you." Danny took Mary from me and knelt on the floor before Sam. "How about I tell you both a story?"

"Yes!" Sam jumped up and down.

"Okay then... " He paused, "Once upon a time."