Chapter 18 - I Can

The next day at school Gem, Christy and I were getting ready for class when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Did you think about my suggestion last night?" Eric's voice came from behind me.

"Yes, yes I did, and I think that it's not such a good idea..." I trailed off. That wasn't true. I wanted to leave, to runaway, but responsibilitys held me back. "Maybe anouther time."

"Alright." Eric pulled me to him and rested a hand on my waist.

"What's going on?" asked Gem. She pulled her sister towards us and stepped forward to get closer to the conversation.

"It doesn't matter." I said quickly. "We need to get to class, later Eric." I said and started to pull away.

"See ya pumpkin." He whispered into my ear and released me.

~~~

After school I sat at my desk and opened up a blank word document. I started to write...

I had been thinking, many people wanted a sequel to my book and I had no food reasons to not give it to them. I had written afew chapters and was pretty pleased with myself when a knock sounded on my door.

"Flo?" My Dad's voice called through the door.

"Yeah?"

"Can I come in?"

"Sure..." I said and shut my laptop so he wouldn't be able to see my story. He entered the room, sat on my bed and tapped the space next to him, indicating I should sit with him, I did just that.

"Flo, as you know your mother isn't well and... Well... This house isn't ideal any more because she can't get up and down the stairs and... Well..."

"What?" I said, this man was starting to anoy me.

"We're moving." He said the words with a sense of finality. I was never going ro change his mind.

"No!" I burst, "No way under the sun! All my friends are here and Eric and school. I can't leave now, I have exams coming up and Mum has been doing fine in this house. We don't have to leave..." I trailed off.

"I'm sorry Flo," he said and awkwardly tapped my shoulder. I didn't respond and he stood and left the room.

~~~

"Eric...... I need to tell you somthing.... I.. I... Yes, yes I will runaway with you..... I'm sure...As soon as possible... Sounds good to me... L..love you too... Bye" I put down the phone and walked over to my wardrobe. I started to pack.

~~~
A.N - Robert Sheehan as Daniel. Pic to the side. :)