Twenty Three

"Kylo!"

You relentlessly still beat on the quarter's doors,  but everything refused to budge. You screamed out of frustration, at a loss. How were you to get out? You wanted so desperately to see what was going on. Mainly because well, you were nosey, but you also wanted to be involved.

You turned to your last resort, digging through drawer upon drawer in Kylo's quarters. Okay, yes, this almost had you killed last time, but something inside of you said that you needed to follow Kylo.  You gasped when you found your saber in his nighstand, grumbling to yourself as it ignited. You marched over to the door once more, still not exactly knowing what to do, so you just started swinging. That's what Kylo did!

After a few hard-hit swings, the door flew open, already plenty of seared strikes carved within the frame. You let out a breath of relief, but there was no time to be thankful, you had to run.

You took off down the glossy corridors, your lightsaber reflecting against the windows of The Finalizer. Your stitches screamed at you to stop, but you continued to persist. Why did Kylo want you to stay in his room so badly, what was so terrible about a trooper escaping? They had millions of them, and suddenly god and everybody had to be there to stop one?

Millions of possibilities ran through your mind. What if it was Atticus and he was actually alive? What if it was a resistance spy? Or a stormtrooper out for your blood because they had a weird crush on Kylo? So many possibilities, perhaps you were just overthinking it and Kylo was simply concerned over your safety?

You took a sharp turn to the left, but before you could continue to run you collided with a clank of armor. You yelped, toppling over each other in a flash of white.

The stormtrooper!

He already had his helmet off, panic seeped into his small pupils. "Mrs. Ren!" He exclaimed out of fear, quickly hopping up. You could tell he was scared. Like he knew you would be the type to hold him at saber point, becoming the cause of his doom.

"Wait, wait!-" You pleaded. "I'm not Mrs. Ren! For maker's sake!" You huffed, standing up yourself. You stood in silence for a split second, a moment of hesitation.  If this trooper were to get caught, he would immediately be executed, but if there was the smallest chance he could successfully escape, you wanted it to happen. You saw how troopers were treated, memories of AT's tiny neck hanging from the hands of Kylo gushed into your mind. 

"Follow me."

You waved a hand, beginning to run back the way the stormtrooper was headed, leading him to the hangar. "Did you not know where the escape pods were?" You asked, he thinned his lips. "I work a few floors up from here." He explained. "This was the closest floor with an accessible hangar. We're made not to be familiar with other floors so things like, well, this can't happen."

You nodded, taking another turn to reveal the hangar. "Down the stairs and to the left." You said over the sirens,  gesturing for him to hurry. "Go-"

"Come with me." He suggested, fire in his eyes. "I've heard how he's treated you, rumors of your story had run around The Finalizer. We can both be free."

You immediately shook your head. "There's not enough time, now run. Now." You emphasized, anxiety spiking in your blood. If Kylo caught you like this he would kill you.

There was a moment of hesitance, but he finally nodded, gliding down the stairs and to the escape pod. The hangar was deathly silent of other troopers and members of The Order, probably all searching the floor FN worked on.

That's what you thought, at least.

Your name was boomed from behind you, and you knew exactly how much trouble you would be in now. Perhaps he didn't see you assist the stormtrooper?