Six

The following days felt lonely, as you had only seen Kylo once since his announcement that he would become more absent due to the momentum of the Resistance. You continued on with your solo training, but something still felt like it was missing. Maybe you missed Kylo's pleads and begs for you to join him. Maybe you would even dare to say you missed the attention, or even go farther to say you missed Kylo himself.

You woke up one morning extra late to the sound of one of the stormtrooper guards bringing in your lunch. You sat up, a yawn forcing it's way out of your mouth before you spoke up. "Thank you."

The stormtrooper sat it down at the end of the bed and gave a short nod before turning to stand guard at his position once more. Kylo had finally bumped down your guard count to only one. A signal of trust.

You perked up. This was your chance to try and know more people!

"Uh--Uh Stormtrooper-- Guy!" You tried to get the words out, but it was hard when they didn't exactly have a name. He stopped and turned to you, blaster tightening in his grip.

You hesitated, looking for the right words to say without coming off as awkward or weird. "Do you mind if.. if you could stay for a while? You just guard my door almost every day, and it wouldn't hurt to get to know you." You gave a small smile. The stormtrooper's emotion was unreadable, seeing as he wore that clunky mask all the time.

Your smile grew as you patted the edge of your bed, offering him to sit. There was another small moment of hesitation, but then the sound of clanky boots pierced the room as he slowly and almost cautiously sat at the side of the bed. You chuckled, picking up your fork and shoving a small piece of food into your mouth. "So, what's your name? Or number, I think you guys go by numbers."

"AT-4430." He answered, his shoulders still tensed. You guessed he wasn't exactly accustomed to regular chit-chat.

"I'm guessing you already know my name." You joked, reaching out your hand for him to shake after you swallowed a piece of your food. He still paused for a second, but reached up and gave your hand a gentle shake.

"Do you want to take that helmet off? I know it's probably suffocating." You mumbled, taking another piece of food in. You glance up at him, and he looked like you just asked him to shoot you. A blush began to redden on your cheeks. "A-Am I not suppose to ask that?! I'm so sorry!"

The trooper said nothing, but grappled the bottom of his helmet and slowly lifted it up and away from his head. What was revealed was dirty blonde hair that fanned out along his face and framed his squared jawline. His green eyes almost looked lifeless and confused, making your heart sink a little.

"I bet that feels better." You tried to break the tension hanging in the air, finishing your last piece of food. You set the plate over on your nightstand, grabbing the marker you had requested the draw with yesterday. It was easily erasable, as you had been doodling all over the white part of the walls with it. Kylo always made the stormtroopers clean it every time you left, but you always went back over it with more doodles.

"Do you remember where you came from?" You asked, wanting to get to know this AT guy better. He seemed almost like he was scared to speak much less have a normal conversation. Was The First Order really treating their troopers this badly?

"I don't. We are told it is not important to us anymore once we enter the program." He explained, rubbing the bicep of his armor. You frowned, feeling waves of sympathy wash over you for the poor boy. "Do you even remember your actual name?"

"We are told that isn't important anymore either. We are instructed to value our service to The First Order to the highest degree." He glanced away from you, and you had to restrain yourself from letting the urge take over and give him the biggest hug he would ever receive. "That's awful." You replied, fidgeting with the marker in your hands. AT quirked his eyebrow.