Five

Every other morning now, Kylo came and woke you up from your sleep. You would train for hours on end, and every single day you felt yourself slowly but surely becoming stronger with the force and with your lightsaber tactics. Every day, Kylo also tried to hook you into the dark side, and every day, you declined.

This morning Kylo had greeted you once more by waking you up with your lightsaber in your face. He still didn't trust you with your lightsaber being in your possession at all times, so at the end of the training, it went back into the same old glass box on your wall.

"Get up." He muttered, that same scowl plastered on his face per usual. You pulled yourself to sit up, rubbing your head with a yawn. "I will when you get out. It got hot last night." You muttered, both you and Kylo becoming used to occasional banter and taunting. He sighed through his nose as his eyes trailed to the floor, seeing your pants laying by the bed once more.

"I see you still haven't learned any manners. We'll need to work on that soon as well." He grouched. You just smirked, taking the lightsaber from him before he walked out to wait on you to get ready.

 Within minutes you were in the training room, lightsaber already lit with a tiny smile on your lips. You had to admit it was exciting to learn new abilities. The only downfall was learning it all through Kylo Ren. 

"Today we will focus on your force powers again. Your concentration and composture still lack." He pointed out, gesturing over towards the pane of glass once more that was presented to you the first day you trained.

You groaned, reluctantly turning off your saber. "I love lightsaber techniques though!" You argued, pouting slightly. "Why did you even give me my lightsaber if we're not even going to use it?" You sighed.

Kylo tightened his lips, biting at one side of them slightly. There was a long pause of silence before Kylo spoke once more. "You can keep it."

You quirked an eyebrow. "Huh-?" You started to ask why, but he shushed you. "Don't push your limits. You will be allowed to keep it during training hour times. At night, it will go back in the box."

You stayed silent, putting your lightsaber down onto the table. "Alright then... Let's get started." You shrugged.

Kylo motioned again towards the other table beside you, the same glass pane resting on the table. "You're going to try and shatter this again." He instructed.

You tensed, looking up at Kylo. "I don't think I can do that just yet, we've only practiced my force abilities a few times." You whispered, not exactly wanting to argue with him, but also not wanting to take on the challenge and "let him down" either. Not because you looked up to Kylo, but because it would be a bruise on your own reputation.

"Try it. You are stronger than you believe." He advised.

You walked towards the table, trying to steady yourself. You took in a deep breath and lifted your arm towards the table, opening your hand and trying to manifest in your mind the pane of glass cracking and shattering.

Concentrate... Manifest... Make it come true...

You opened your eyes hopefully, yet the pane was still just as intact as it was five minutes ago. You grunted in frustration. "Try again." Kylo advised. You nodded, trying to shake the first attempt off and try again.

It felt like things were becoming a lost cause after it seemed like hours had passed. You finally let out an exasperated sigh, looking over at Kylo and expecting to see an angered expression on the Commander's face. You were instead met with a little chuckle from him, catching you completely off guard.

"You're overthinking this, let me help you." He offered, walking over to you and suddenly taking hold of your wrist. He raised it back up, aiming your open hand at the pane of glass. "Don't think too much. Think about the glass pane only, not the table, or the things around it. Just the pane." He whispered, his warm breath tickling the outer shell of your ear. Your shoulders involuntarily tensed, and Kylo seemed to take notice. "Am I making you uncomfortable?" He put an emphasis on your name, letting every syllable hit the back of your ear like waves. You bit your lip, shaking your head and trying to keep your eyes trained on the table ahead of you.