Four

You woke up the next morning quite late, as Hux was finishing his morning announcement of the day. You turned over to catch glimpse of your precious lightsaber, but yelped at the sight you were met with instead.

Right in front of you stood Kylo Ren, holding the hilt of your lightsaber in front of your face. "Prove yourself." Was all he said. You looked at him with your eyes practically bulging out of their sockets, still getting over the jumpscare you just experienced. He gestured slightly towards the hilt when you didn't answer. "Come on, do you want to exit this cell for once or not?"

You blinked a few times to calm down, blushing slightly. You almost brought yourself to kick the covers off of you, but the bare contact of the blankets and your legs stopped you in your tracks. "Well-- Well I would've already gotten up if I uh-" You continued to stutter and hesitate, seeing a flicker of frustration in his eyes. "...I need my pants." You finally said in a whisper.

Kylo quirked an eyebrow, then looked to the side of him down at the floor. There your pants rested in a wrinkled pool by the bed, only a few feet away from the pile of vomit from last night.

He looked down at you once more, his expression was still stone cold. "You should learn some manners of being a guest." He muttered, dropping the lightsaber in your lap. "I will be outside of the door, I expect you out within ten minutes."

With that, he made his exit, his voice could still be heard instructing the troopers to deep clean your cell once you left. You got up and grabbed your pants from the floor, sliding them on hurriedly. "YoU ShOuLd LeArN SoMe ManNeRs Of BeiNg A GUeSt." You mocked him quietly, walking over towards the mirror and sink that was just outside of the small bathroom.

You picked up the flimsy comb The First Order had ever so graciously blessed you with, raking it through your hair to the best of your ability to at least look halfway decent. In all honesty, you didn't feel the same. It was as if when you threw up all of your emotions came out with it. You were simply a scooped out shell of who you used to be. You frowned slightly, tying your hair up, and reluctantly walked out of your cell with lightsaber in hand.

Kylo still stood just outside, glancing you up and down first before speaking. "Follow me. I would advise you to not try anything sneaky. You will not succeed." He looked back at you one more time, then snapped his helmet on. You guessed not a lot of people had the 'privilege' to see the commander's actual face, just the mask.

He began taking long strides down the corridor, making it a struggle to keep up with him. Not to mention you had to keep an eye on his cape at all times as to not trip or get tangled.

He took a turn to a room, the door gliding open for him. It was empty besides a few tables set up with different objects such as rocks or glass. It was your turn to quirk an eyebrow as Kylo came to the center of the room. He snapped his mask back off, whipping around to face you.

"Ignite it." He commanded, turning to you who wasn't far behind. You stopped in your tracks, looking down at the lightsaber in your hand. You steadied it with both hands, then igniting as it shot up in a blinding white. "Good." He muttered, igniting his own cross bladed saber. You took a step back, eyes widened. "Wait-- What are we doing?" You asked, scared he was going to make you fight him.

Kylo pointed to a dummy that was placed on the other side of the room, opposite of the tables. "Show me how you would attack it."

You still looked at him like he had spoken completely foreign. Hell, you only knew how to swing this thing, not strategically attack something with it. Atticus left before he could teach you.

"Don't test my patience, girl." He pulled you from your thoughts, and you began to slowly emerge the dummy. How were you to try and pull this off cool without taking your own head off? You felt small and pathetic. What is he going to think when he sees you can only swing it around and chop things open? Your biggest fear was he would take the lightsaber from you completely, the only thing you had left in memory of your makeshift family.

You were finally face to face with the dummy, taking in a deep breath before letting your instincts take over. You began to slash at the dummy, creating an 'X' around his chest before decapitating him. You exhaled, looking over at Kylo for approval. He simply stood there, stone-faced as usual. "You prove to not be graceful in your tactics. I'm surprised you even hurt any of my troopers in the first place." He spoke up, walking towards you.

You grimaced, a sour look spreading over your features. "Well, Kylo Ren, I'll have you know our planet was never attacked until you came along. There was no need to sharpen my skills, or to even think about someone like you." You countered, crossing your arms as the lightsaber disappeared back into the hilt.

"But now here you are. Imprisoned by The First Order because you failed to do so." He came back on your argument, making you shrink. He was already a skyscraper compared to you, so it wasn't hard for him to make you feel a twig.

He rolled his eyes, turning to one of the tables. He pointed to the small pane of glass at the middle table. "Shatter it."

You frowned. "I don't know how to use the for- Yes you do." He dismissed your argument, staring you up and down. "You used it last night. You have been trained before." He snapped.

"I was only trained for so long. I barely remember how to even concentrate on the force let alone use it to shatter things." You continued to argue, frowning at the fact that you now portrayed yourself as weak to Kylo.

"Then I will teach you." He offered, catching you off guard. "You'll what?-" You couldn't even begin to imagine training with the Commander of The First Order.

He was inches away from you now, and you hadn't even realized he was so close. He let your name roll off his tongue and fall from his lips. "Pledge your allegiance to the dark side." He whispered. "You will become more powerful than you could ever imagine. Anything and anyone would bow to your will. You would be able to effectively protect your people." He tried to persuade you, causing you to take a step back in order to clear your head.

"I--I can't." You tried to argue. "I am the protector of all people. Not just one side." You added. "My people see me as a fair person and I intend to stay that way."

Kylo frowned, furrowing his eyebrows. "The light in you will get you killed." He scowled, gripping his lightsaber. "You will bow to the dark side. You will be set free of anxiety and pain. You will be able to feed off of your anger instead of letting it feed off of you. You will see in time."

"We'll see." You whispered, now in a staring competition yet again with the commander.

"I will still train you. I will show you what power feels like." This time he did not offer it, instead, he simply confirmed it. You didn't have a choice now. "The more power you feel the more educated you will become. With that education, you will begin to realize The First Order is superior to all other beings. Whether you like it or not."

Coming face to face with Kylo Ren made something stir inside of you. The fact that he consumed you when he stood near you in all of his darkened glory, or maybe the seething tension that overboiled out of him whenever he approached you. It was as if he was restraining. What could Kylo Ren possibly have to restrain? Killing you, probably. Nevertheless, you felt your own type of restraint inside of you. You didn't exactly know what kind of restraint, but it riled you up inside. It caused your insides to burn with.. hunger.

You steadied yourself, staring back up at Kylo Ren.

"You may try, but you won't succeed." You whispered.

For the first time, you saw Kylo Ren smirk, making your heart drop to your stomach.

"We'll see."