Seven

Two days later and you felt like you hadn't even moved from your bed. You simply stared at the wall when you were awake, and fell into a dark abyss when asleep. There were no dreams, no nightmares. There was nothing. You've begun to believe you liked it that way.

AT came by every morning and evening to deliver lunch and dinner. The first time he had come to deliver lunch you had slightly raised your head up in surprise.

"AT?" You whispered softly. You were met with silence and a blank stare from the soldier. You knew it was him. You could still see the faded part of a flower on the shoulder blade of his armor. You thanked God he was still alive.

"On with your business." It was AT's voice too, but something was different. What had Kylo done to him? Did he actually alert Phasma of his misdoings? It made your blood boil at the very thought of Kylo punishing the only person onboard you had attempted to become acquainted with. AT had done nothing wrong. If anything, it was your own fault for initiating the conversation.

On the third day, you finally decided to think. Every morning AT had unlocked your lightsaber box for you, but you hadn't even felt like getting up, much less training. You were allowed to do solo training. You were allowed to go on your own. Frankly, you didn't give a damn if Kylo caught you this time. You simply wanted to be anywhere but here.

You stood up from your indented spot on the black mattress, almost limping over to the box. Your muscles had weakened from refusing to move for so long. You took out your lightsaber with a sigh of relief unintentionally flowing from you. It was nice to hold it in your hands again.

You walked over towards the door, finally regaining feeling in your legs when the door opened. You turned to AT, giving a pained smile. "I'm going to go train." You whispered, wishing you could tell him goodbye before you did such a feat, but if you did, you risked the possibility of getting caught.

AT just nodded, and you began to take your steps towards the training room. It was down the hall, turn right, and then the second door on the left. The exporting area was down the hall, turn right, and the first door on the left. You could do it, you just had to be careful. You had no idea how many stormtroopers or members of The First Order would be in the exporting docks, but you just had to hope it was minimal.

You took your right turn, and suddenly you were met with two stormtroopers.

"Prisoner, where are you headed to?"

You gulped, feelings your insides freeze. "On my way to the training room. Commander Ren gave me solo access to the room due to his new frequent absences." You explained. You thanked The Maker for not stuttering. "Surely Kylo Ren told you during one of his meetings, did he not?" You asked, hoping that seed of doubt would push their obedience. 

There was a moment of hesitance that lingered between the three of you, but finally one of the stormtroopers nodded. "Be on your way then." With that, they turned the corner and were gone from sight. You sighed in relief, now taking your turn into the exporting area. There was a trio of lone stormtroopers loading up a carrier, but that seemed to be everyone in the area. You quietly made your way down the stairs, as the troopers were busying themselves with doing all necessary checks and locks.

You had made your way down to the floor, tiptoeing over towards one of the pods when you practically jumped out of your skin from the voice. "Get her!"

You cursed under your breath, now sprinting for one of the escape pods. You lunged yourself inside of one, scrambling to hit the close button before one tried to make its way in. You crawled into the pilot seat, slamming on the close button. This time you had successfully managed to get it to close all the way. You smiled in triumph. Now you just had to get this thing to go.

There were so many buttons, levers, control panels. You felt your palms go clammy as you began swinging levers and pressing buttons. Nothing was making the damned thing move.

"Open the door." Your name boomed from outside, and you knew who was there. You whimpered out of panic and fear, beginning to frantically press even more buttons to the point that you were practically slamming your arms down on the console.

You heard his lightsaber ignite, and in one last frantic move of hope you pulled down the lever beside your seat. With that, you shot off into space. You screamed in response, not use to the floaty feeling of piloting anything.

You took hold of the wheel-like object in front of you, getting the hang of controlling the pod. You took a deep breath, tears falling down your cheeks. You were now in the middle of space with no sense of direction, no compass to point to home. You had to move quickly regardless, TIE fighters were sure to come looking for you within minutes if they haven't already deployed.

You spotted a planet not so far off, and it almost looked a lot like home. You took a dragged out turn and sped up slightly. You wanted to get there as fast as possible in order to get away from Kylo Ren for as long as you could manage.

Now there was just one more problem you faced.

Landing.

Minutes passed by and you soon entered the planet's atmosphere. By now you had recognized the planet as Endor. You had learned about it from the lessons Atticus would teach you when he had free time. The Ewoks lived here! You remembered thinking they looked so friendly when you were a young child, but you would need to stray as far away from civilization as possible. Les, you risk Kylo Ren wiping out their race.

You were approaching closer to the ground, and you made a poor attempt to slow down. "Alright, bumpy landing." You muttered. You pulled back on the wheel, and the pod made a skidded landing on its bottom. You came crashing to a halt when the side collided with one of the massive trees, causing your brain to rack in your head. You seethed in pain, but only maintained a couple of scuffs and bruises. Looks like you were staying on this planet for a while. You rendered the escape pod completely totaled.

You hit the open for the pod and made your cautious exit. You took a look around, noticing it was nighttime within the planet. You gave a short smile, and the fresh air hit your nose and reminded you of home. You began to make your trek north, hoping for a stream to follow.

You finally stumbled upon a particular tree in your path. Up within the branches, you spotted a neat little hut. There was a rotting ladder that lead to the balcony of the hut, and you decided to take your risk. The hut was lone, so you expected it to be abandoned. You climbed carefully, making sure to concentrate most of your weight on your upper body so the branches wouldn't crumble beneath you.

After a few minutes of silent struggling, you had made it to the top of your new hut. You looked inside, spotting a bed and a bookshelf. You opened the wood door with a creak, darkness clouding your vision from the room.

You spotted a desk with a drawer, a torch sheathed by a holder above it. You ignited your lightsaber and gently held the beam up to the tinder of the torch, watching it ignite. You gave a smile, and hummed quietly while exploring more of the tiny cottage you had found. A wood stove rested in the corner, old wood still placed underneath the eyes. A rusty kettle sat on one of the eyes, and dried herbs still hung from hooks on the wall.

You turned your attention over towards the bed, and surprisingly, sleeping again didn't sound like a bad idea.

You made yourself comfortable on the linen. It wasn't near as pleasant as your bed on the Finalizer, but the feeling of freedom overpowered the discomfort. You heard the local fauna hum outside, and you felt at home once more. You turned over, covering yourself with the knitted cover. You prayed Kylo wouldn't be able to find you here. You were a few miles from your escape pod, so at least it wouldn't be an immediate discovery. Still, hope beamed in your head.

How wonderful this new life would be.