Twenty Seven

Today was the dreaded day, the day your foolish decision came to fruition. 

Ever since the discussion in the conference room, you and Kylo have given each other a form of silent treatment. You only spoke to each other when needed, you stayed away from him as much as you possibly could. That even meant sometimes falling asleep in common rooms and maintenance closets again.

And somehow, you'd always end up right back in Ren's bed. Like he managed to scope you out every single night. He couldn't let you out of his sight for too long. He knew all too well you wouldn't escape, no, but he had raised you to be a force to be reckon with, literally. That within itself was dangerous without moderation. 

Yet that's where Kylo Ren was wrong, you in fact had no intention of doing anything at all. This was your fault, Batuu's people were about to suffer all at your expense. Not to even mention it now gave Kylo Ren the chance to drag that damned scavenger back onto the ship. This drained you of all energy you would have to manipulate or overpower anyone.

You didn't talk to Hux, you didn't talk to anybody, Kylo had restricted your access to your lightsaber once more, and you could already hear him "aLL ThAt TruSt JuSt To bE DeStrOYeD AgAiN". Even after your caged bird comment, he still allowed you little freedom. 

Stormtroopers were scurrying up and down hallways, prepping to land and take hold of Batuu.

You stood promptly at the bay window of the command bridge, Hux trailing up by your side. He stood firm, but you could tell he was uncomfortable. Sympathy pooled somewhere within his eyes, he knew you were growing weak. 

"This is rare for me to say." He mumbled, a hushed tone as if Kylo were to sneak up at any moment. 

"But I'm sorry."

You didn't make eye contact with Hux, you only looked down at the innocent planet that was being berated with TIE fighters and ships that carried troopers down to the ground. You didn't bother when it came to tears, no. Who were you crying for? Yourself? 

"What is there to be sorry for?" You whispered, gripping gently onto the cape behind you. "This isn't your fault." You added, starting to walk away from the bridge.

"But you know who's fault it is." He replied before you could make your decent down the steps. You froze, finally turning to face him. 

"You're right. It's mine, General Hux." 

You didn't let Hux fit in another word, instead, you carried yourself to one of the hangars where Kylo ordered you meet him to fly down in his own TIE fighter to Batuu. You were to accompany him in the capture of the scavenger. 

You entered hangar 001, trailing down another set of stairs. The fluorescent lights burned your pupils, everything in your sight became painfully sterile. You missed home again, unbearably out of energy and homesick. This wasn't like you at all, and Kylo Ren knew it. He was teetering you over the brink, this was finally his chance. 

Kylo stood still as you approached him, hands behind his back as if to stand attention to you. Once you came face to face with him, you still refused eye contact. Silence lingered, but Kylo's rustling of his cape shattered the glass thin air. He presented you with a flower, a flower native to only your home planet. 

Air froze in your throat, and suddenly you felt sick. "Where did you get this?" You whispered, nimbly taking the flower from his gloved hand. You felt the petals, and that's when you began to break. 

"I picked it myself, I wish you wouldn't worry." 

Your head snapped to meet Kylo's unmasked face. "You went to my home planet?" You blurted, gripping at the stem of the flower.