Thirteen

A few mornings later you were surprised to find yourself waking yourself up. Usually, Kylo wakes you up to train on days such as these, but this time you woke up by yourself.

You rubbed your eyes, getting up and heading over to the mirror. "God." You muttered, looking yourself up and down. "I'm a mess."

You walked into the bathroom, deciding to take a quick shower to freshen yourself up. Maybe Kylo was still in his room and you could ask him what you could do today. Perhaps Kylo was giving you the day off. You had both drawn closer to each other with each passing day, but Kylo still inevitably closed himself off to you. He would only become soft at night, but you rarely visited him unless you were haunted by another night terror. That happened almost biweekly.

You stepped out of the bathroom, dressed in a fresh pair of clothes as you stretched your limbs out. You looked towards the door, yawning a bit. It wouldn't hurt to check it out.

The door opened, revealing Kylo's room to you. He stood over by his own door, catching you a bit off guard. "I would like to show you the main command bridge today." He offered, not bothering to look up at you per usual.

Another yawn escaped, but you tried to contain yourself. "For what?" You asked, walking over towards him.

"I want you to see what really happens behind the scenes. I don't think you fully realize how much power you could actually hold." He explained, his eyes staring beams into you.

You rolled your eyes. "Showing me buttons and levers is going to do next to nothing in persuading me to become a commander of The First Order." You argued, crossing your arms.

"I'll show you. It's more than just buttons and levers." He still egged you on, and you gave in. Really, it was because you were tired of being cooped up in either your own room or the training room.

He gave a nod, and then the door to the hallways of the Finalizer opened. You stayed by Kylo's side the whole walk there. By now, you had become accustomed to taking long strides to keep up with the tree of a commander.

"Keep yourself composed. I want you standing straight." He muttered, making you scoff. "Like I would present myself so readily for you." You teased.

Kylo bit at his cheek, keeping in a snark before latching on his mask. You must have been getting close to the command bridge.

He took a turn, and suddenly you were presented with an entirely different room filled with different runners, commanders, generals, and technicians. You had to admit, you took a moment to marvel at the hectic chaos being processed into something so orderly. You noticed all of it was seeming to be supervised by a man with properly combed back ginger hair at the front of the bridge. He barked out orders left and right, and apart of you became intimidated by him.

"The command bridge is where almost every order is carried out under the command of one of our commanders or generals. Here would be where you would spend most of your time when you have the chance." Kylo's robotic voice echoed through your mind, but your thoughts still lingered.

"I hope you're paying attention."

You finally came back to reality, giving him yet another eye-roll. "And I hope you know all you're doing is wasting your time." You retorted.

"You're childish."

"You're arrogant."

The man upfront seemed to take notice of your bickering, walking closer towards the two of you with a cheeky, not-so-genuine smile.

"Good day Commander Ren, I see you've decided to take our escapee out for a walk." He sneered, causing you to furrow your brows.

"This 'escapee' could have you against the wall in a chokehold by lifting a finger, General Hux." Kylo retorted. You could feel his glare now, regardless of the mask.

Hux turned his attention to you, and gave you a shit-eating grin. "Then perhaps she could manage to be an even better Commander than you, Ren." He snickered, and you almost choked on your own spit from the comment. Did he dare disrespect Kylo in front of him like that?

Nevertheless, you returned the smirk after calming yourself. You now had a new tone of attitude towards this General. "He barely has the power to turn me to the dark side, General. Much less try to be a better Commander than me." You returned the snark, both of you now sharing a chuckle.

A spark suddenly shot within your diaphragm, causing you to jolt slightly. A sizzling feeling buzzed around your chest, growing hotter by the second. You gave a glance at Kylo. His hands were balled into a fist, twitching ever so slightly.

He was jealous.

Your smirk continued to grow, and you clicked your tongue. "In fact, General Hux. Would you like to show me some of the main controls of the board?" You asked, carrying it as a nonchalant request.

"That won't be necessar- Oh nonsense, Commander. I can show her a few controls." Hux cut into Kylo's warning, causing you to chuckle. "Follow me." Hux gestured you forward. You turned to look at Kylo, sticking your tongue out at him before quickly following Hux to the front of the bridge.

You spent almost an hour talking to Hux, letting him explain certain controls and panel-boards to you while you both bantered back and forth about Kylo Ren. Occasionally, you would turn to glance at The Commander. You could feel his failing attempt to distract himself from the two of you, his envy raging inside of him.

"I believe that's all I am allowed to show you." Hux concluded, and you gave a cheeky smile. "I loved hearing about everything. Hearing it from you makes it sound so much more interesting, General!" Of course, that was a lie, but you said it just loud enough to let Kylo hear.

"I believe our prisoner needs to return to her quarters today. I did not intend for her to roam for this long." Kylo suddenly spoke up. Without another word he grabbed you by the wrist, essentially dragging you out of the command bridge. You could tell he was making a straight shot back to both of your quarters.

"Come on, Commander! I was doing what you wanted~" You joked, but Kylo was silent. Oh boy. You were really under the bus.

Kylo slung you into his quarters once the door had open, causing you to stumble inside and catch your balance against the bed.

"You never know when you quit, do you?" He threw his mask to the floor, marching over to come back to face with you. You shrunk back, envisioning the fiery blaze in Kylo's eyes.

"I was doing what you asked." You argued.

"You were knowingly defying me." He countered, hands balling in and out of fists.

"I became friends with one of the Generals, so what?" You said, flailing your hands dramatically. "I thought that's what you wanted, Commander." You retorted with a smirk.

"That General is a sorry excuse of a man who taunts me constantly every grappling chance he gets to boost his tiny ego. He's worthless." Kylo insulted, biting his cheek once more.

"What do you want me to do about it?" You muttered as both of your faces became inches away again, parallel to the moment from the training room.

"I want you to stop teasing me." Kylo whispered, teeth gritting.

You smirked, taking your very own risky leap. "Make me."

That was all Kylo needed to wrap his hand around the nape of your neck, pulling you closer. Your lips collided, a clash of reds and blues bursting behind your closed eyes as you tasted the commander. You felt the fire from Kylo Ren spread over to you all at once, your own energy becoming a blitz of blazing desire for power. For each other. His lips were surprisingly soft, a harsh contrast to the rough lips you would catch yourself envisioning connecting with yours at odd hours of the night.

The kiss felt like it was parted as soon as it was connected, but you were both gasping for breath when you opened your eyes in a flash of the aftershock.

You just kissed Kylo Ren.

Kylo Ren just kissed you.

You stood there, shell-shocked still by what had happened. Kylo seemed to be in the same position.

You finally gained some courage to speak, a grin from cheek to cheek.

"That's one way to do it."