Twelve

Darkness swirled around you, blanketing over you from head to toe. "Kylo?" You whispered quietly, your voice echoing off of the imperceivable walls of the void. You drooped your eyebrows, anxiety growing in your mind. You took a step forwards, and the sound of glass shattering shot through your ears. You seethed slightly, looking back on yourself.

There, in the distance, stood Atticus. He was just like you remembered him. Those doe brown eyes, black coiled hair, kind and strong hands. He was everything a father should be.

You gasped, immediately taking a step back. "Father-" You whimpered, feeling the glass floors crack beneath you. Regardless, you began to take more steps, speeding up after each step. "Father!" You yelled out, but Atticus never turned to you, yet you persisted. Every time you ran closer, he became farther. "Atticus please!" You called out.

Finally, he turned to you. He sighed out your name like a melody in the wind. "It's time to let me go." He breathed, a frown cast down his face. "Join him."

"Please!-" You were cut off by the sound of glass shattering beneath you, your stomach dropping as you plummeted deep into the abyss of darkness-

"NO-" You abruptly rose from your covers, legs flailing helplessly beneath the sheets. A cold sweat glazed over your body from the horrid nightmare.

Tears fell down your cheeks, your body violently shook with panic while you brought your knees close to your chest. Your eyes darted around the room frantically, looking for anything to stabilize yourself. Soon, your eyes fell on the door. The door that leads into Kylo's quarters.

Join him.

You shuddered. That was your stupid heart talking, not your brain. No matter how many feelings you would ever gather for Kylo, you could never turn to the side you swore to defeat. Besides, the same went for the Jedi. Kylo shouldn't take it so personally.

"Maybe he's still awake?"

You looked over at the clock, gulping. It was extremely late, but Kylo didn't seem like the kind to sleep.

Your toes hit the glossy floor, tiptoeing over towards the door. The door swung open, revealing Kylo's dimly lit room.

Inside, Kylo lounged on the far left side of the bed, reading a book by lamplight. He was shirtless. He was shirtless. He didn't bother to look up at you. Did he not know you were here?

"You had a nightmare." His voice spooked you out of your thoughts, causing you to hastily reply. "How would you know?" You asked, nonchalantly wiping the wet tears away that were rolling down your cheeks from when you awoke.

He finally looked up, closing his book and returning it to rest on his nightstand. "It woke me too."

You stared at him, confusion beginning to show. "It woke you up too?"

"Your dreams are quite-- loud." Like that was supposed to explain everything.

You sighed, accepting you weren't going to get a coherent sentence out of him. "Sorry if I woke you, I guess I'll let you get back to sleep-" You muttered, beginning to turn around and head back into your own bedroom, but it was like you were being stopped by a brick wall.

"Stay." His voice called from behind you, your breath catching in your throat. You slowly turned around, confusion growing. "What?"

"I want you to stay." He said, barely above a whisper. You bit your lip, hearing him speak so softly almost made your heart drop to your stomach. "You want me to stay?" You whispered, a smile growing.

Kylo gave a nod, and you slowly began to make your way over to the side of the bed that wasn't occupied by Kylo. You felt so awkward. Kylo Ren's stare was swallowing you whole as his eyes followed your every movement.

"Your nightmare. It isn't real." He spoke up. You rubbed your arm awkwardly, propping yourself up against the headboard.

"I know. It felt like it at first, though." You muttered, looking away out of embarrassment. You guess this meant Kylo could see, or at least actually hear your dreams.

"I know."

You turned to him, and he was still looking at you. "Is there a reason you want me here besides to maybe taunt me that my dream suggests I join you? Because if that's what you want me to stay for, then I'll just go back to my own bed and cry there." You snapped, feeling to sleepy to bother arguing with Kylo.

He paused, and for a moment you suspected he was hesitating. "I want you to trust me." He whispered.

You pulled at your lip slightly. That was a first. It almost caught you off guard. "I'm sorry, Kylo, but-" You began, flashbacks of Endor reemerging. "Endor still-- That still haunts me." You frowned, but it was the truth.

"I know." He replied. An invisible hand had you turn your face to look at him. He was using the force. "Take your time."

You both stared at each other, and for a moment, you smiled. "There you go, being a human being again."

"I thought I was an apathetic monster." He tutted quietly. Your eyes softened, a pang of guilt striking your heart.

"You felt like one. You wouldn't show me this side of you... You were cold towards me." You explained. "I don't feel so bad now."

Silence lingered once more, only broken by the sound of Kylo reaching over to grab his book once more. "Stay here for as long as you'd like. You can return to your bed whenever."

You thought for a moment, but settled down more on your side of the mattress. You made sure you kept your distance from Kylo, weary of stepping over his boundaries. "I'll just lay here for a few more minutes, then I'll head back to my own bed."

He nodded, then opened his book where the page had been dog-eared, continuing to read.

You rested your head on the pillow, turning over to face Kylo again. He was too focused on his reading to notice, but apart of you knew he knew you were watching.

Your thoughts began to become blurry, and before you knew it your eyes had begun to droop. Words inside of your head began to swirl together, and you knew by this time you were sleepy. You were dosing off in Kylo Ren's bed. You wondered if you should pull yourself awake and go back to your own bed, or if you should stay here and see what happens.

"Sleep." A faded voice echoed in your head, causing you to squirm slightly. You weren't use to other peoples' consciousness inside of your own mind.

However, you took that as an invitation to freely close your eyes. You warned yourself to sleep lightly, though. Only God knows what the remorseless Kylo Ren would do to a sleeping girl.

Don't think of him like that. You mentally slapped yourself, but who could blame you? He had only captured you, took you away from your home planet, constantly tries to train you for the dark side, and admitted he was the one to oversee the killing of the only two people you called family. Yeah, that was getting old.

Your last thought before you drifted off into a resettled sleep would be Kylo Ren.

From the distance of your drifting mind, you swore you heard your name.

"Good night."