Sixteen

You were awoken by the sound of the Kylo's door to his quarters opening and closing, causing you to jerk awake at the spiking fear of someone catching the constantly escaping, somehow Kylo's favorite, stubborn prisoner laying asleep with the Commander himself. The funny thing was, though, is when you felt around Kylo was nowhere to be seen. Just you, alone, in Kylo's pitch black room.

You felt around for a lamp, pressing the pad on the bottom of the base as the room lit up around you. You checked the time, it was quite late in the day on the starship, so Kylo was probably called to a meeting. You already missed feeling his arms around you, but at the same time, you were in shock at yourself that you even allowed yourself to sleep in the same bed as the Commander of The First Order. Oh who are you kidding, you didn't have to uphold him to be so high and mighty. He even said it himself, he just wanted you to view him as human.

Thoughts reemerged into your mind from last night, how that so high and mighty man became tears and trembling all in one sitting. How he allowed a vulnerable side of himself to be flourished out right in front of you out of all people. Why you? You could tell he thought the same.

You shook your head, today wasn't the day for existential thinking, it was a day to get up and explore the ship. You doubted Kylo would care, he trusted you now! Right?

You glanced back at the nightstand, noticing a note scribbled down on a piece of scratch paper. You drew closer to Kylo's side of the bed, stopping to take in the scent of his pillow. He smelt like.. Like leather and embers. He smelt like sweat on a cool summer night from running along forest creek beds. He oddly smelt like home.

You finally grasped the piece of paper, reading along the lines.

"I must go to a meeting. You're free to travel to the control bridge. DO NOT bring your lightsaber. Return before the evening troopers return to their quarters. I'm expecting you here before then."

-Kylo Ren

The rush of heat to your cheeks wasn't foreign by now, Kylo constantly made you blush and inevitably feel giddy inside. You couldn't explain how, or why.

You hopped up from the sheets, rushing over to find a fresh pair of clothes for you before looking around for your shoes. That's when you stopped in your tracks, and Kylo's wardrobe came into your line of interest.

Your eyebrows quirked, smirking out of curiosity. You let your imagination roam at what all could possibly be inside. Maybe something completely unexpected? What if Kylo had all kinds of colorful clothes he just never wore?

Your fingers traced along the handles of the wardrobe, finally biting the bullet and swinging it open. Unsurprisingly, it was all black. Black turtlenecks, black pants, black armor, black gloves-

Black cape?

You felt a smile creep onto your lips, standing on your tiptoes to carefully pull the cape off of the hanger. It fell down into your hands, but even holding them high over your head still caused the cape to drag the tile floor. Maybe it was meant to drag?

You slid the front of it onto your shoulders, clipping it to your own black sweater.

"Hehe, I'm Kylo Ren." You mocked, putting your hands on your hips. Should you go to the command bridge in such an article of clothing? Or would that reveal too much about how close you really are to Ren?" You contemplated, but the excited part of your mind powered over your logical side. You would look so badass, and maybe even intimidate some troopers. Do it.

You nodded to yourself, exiting Kylo's quarters and out into the main hallway. You were on a mission now, a mission for Hux. Hux could give you answers to things about Ren that you always inquired about. Well, perhaps he could.