Eleven

The next morning you had awoken to Kylo pointing the hilt of your lightsaber in your face once more, and a smile curved onto your lips at the familiar sight. "You want to start training already?" You teased, letting a yawn part out.

"You're already slacking on your abilities since my absence, so yes." He dropped the lightsaber, tired of holding it before he turned his back to you. "A clean pair of clothes is at the foot of your bed. I want you ready in twenty minutes. No less."

You scoffed. "Only twenty minutes?"

"You should be thankful. Stormtroopers only get ten." He retorted without turning to face you, the door opening for Kylo and closing behind him, leaving you by yourself once more.

Another yawn managed to escape as you swung your legs over the bed to let your feet hit the floor, walking over to your now full bathroom to get ready for the day. You did a quick change into your new pair of clothes, brushing out your hair and doing a quick brush of your teeth to tame your gunky morning breath. You paused for a moment, examining a few of your cuts and bruises that were now simply a ghost of was once was there. Chilling flashbacks drilled into your brain, causing a sigh of something familiar to defeat. You should have just made him kill you.

You walked out of the door with lightsaber in hand, seeing Kylo waiting by the exit of his own quarters. Your bedroom was actually within Kylo's, which you expected would make it pretty awkward having to walk through Kylo's room to get to your own.

Kylo looked up at you, now standing up straight. He stared at you for a second, probably digging through your morbid thoughts. "Let's be on our way." He muttered, the doorway opening in front of him. His large footsteps were hard to follow along with per usual, but you were starting to manage to keep up.

Soon you both had arrived in the training room, and apart of you had the feeling you were within your makeshift home once more. The training room was the place you could unwind and release all of your building tension. Plus, no bad occurrence happened here yet. A safe place, if you could even call it that. No place was safe within The First Order.

"Ready your saber. I've decided we'll start by sparing." Kylo turned to you, and your jaw almost dropped.

"Uh-well- We haven't exactly- ever- we haven't ever spared." You stammered, looking down at Kylo's saber wearingly.

"What do you mean? We had spared just a few weeks ago on Endor." He argued, and you took it as a snark.

"That was different. That was fighting for my life." You uttered, rubbing the back of your neck awkwardly.

"You wouldn't have had to fight if you just submitted to me. Instead, you ran. You chose to fight yourself." He countered, and you soon became frustrated.

"Let's just spar already." You snapped, igniting your saber while getting into sparring position.

"As I thought." He mumbled, igniting his own saber as the blade crackled and hissed. "Ready?"

You nodded, deciding to go for the first move. You swung at him, leading Kylo to retaliate with his own swing.

"When you swing, make sure to put your entire body into it. That way you are having the advantage of momentum. Using your entire body will also make you a harder target." He explained as the two of you spared, swinging back and forth at each other, having a constant tussle of the upper hand.

The spar quickly became heated, the two of you moving all along the training room in twirls and sparks. You both rarely parted eye contact, creating an air of tension around the two of you. Sweat beaded your forehead, but you were determined to win this match. You wanted Kylo to be wary of your abilities.