Done

His cradling me in his lap as we sit on the kitchen floor. Avery is still asleep and Harry asks Ms Smuts to give us afew minutes of privacy, she smiles, a mixed emotion smile and nodes in approval.

"I heard you last night. " he says quietly, I think without saying anything, afraid to break the tranquility.

I lay still and feel his heartbeat quicken. I squeeze my eyes shut then open them again looking down at our interlinked hands.

"It was horrible. It's horrible to think that I'm the cause of that. Everything thats happened to you has been bad and all of them have been by my hand

I sit up and look at him

"It's true Dawn. No matter how many times you're going to deny it doesn't make it any less true. I'm pathetic. Look at me, I can hardly take you on a proper date and yet you still manage to love me. I know you love me, I don't know how you could love anything this broken.. but what I do know is that you do deserve way better then this. "

I look around as he gestures at our surroundings

"You're to good of a person to be treated like this. I thought long and hard about this. Youand me and I've decided to let you go." He pulls his hand free from mine

"After everything, after I get the contract to finish I'll leave. You deserve a normal life this was supposed to be a new chapter in your life,now go and live it." I'm hysterical, looking at him with wild eyes

He wipes his thumb across my cheek, I didn't even notice that I've been crying. He then grabs my head to kiss my forehead. I shake him off before he gets up and leaves me sitting on the floor.

"Harry.No. I'm happy, wait, we can make this work Harry-just listen" I urge inbetween sobs

I get up almost stumbling and grab him by his arm. His eyes are red and he doesn't look like Harry at all.

"So thats it huh? You're just leaving me now. This is the conclusion you've come to" I say tugging on his arm.

"No. You don't just get to walk out if this one. You coward! This is how my feelings towards you gets rewarded?" I shake my head.

"Fine! Leave and go. I don't need you. I never needed you in..You're right in fact everything you seem to touch seems to get fucked up." I hit him on his chest, he catches my fist and pushes me away.

I watch him with blurry tearing eyes walking out the kitchen.

He grabs his keys and without looking around leaves. I turn around and see Avery standing at the end of the staircase watching me with tears in her eyes.

"Isn't this what you wanted or are you waiting for an 'you were right'" I scream

I walk to the middle of the living room and decide to lay on the floor until theres nothing but out two breathing to be heard.

FLASHBACK

Avery awakes to a dry throat, confused she scans her surroundings and sees her best friend Dawn laying next to her. She touchs her face and makes sure not to wake her as she get's up.

Grabbing the empty glass she heads down the stairs and examines the beautiful vintage house. She enters the kitchen and notices a dark shadow sitting in one of the chairs,she stills.

"It's just me.." Harrys voice sounds through the kitchen and Avery exhales.

Walking slowly over to the chair opposite him she takes a seat and watches him

"What are you doing here in the dark Harry?" She asks.

"I heard everything.I heard her screaming and moaning in her sleep... every night and I don't do anything, the thought crosses my mind but... I'm scared she'll leave me.... I love her so much I don't want her to leave." She listens to what his saying.