Confrontation

I sigh in satisfaction as I stuff the last bit of chocolate glazed donut into my mouth.

"Mm, you ravaging that food but still you manage to keep your weight.." Avery shakes her head as she takes a sip of apple juice.

I swallow and grin from ear to ear,  only Avery would make donuts for breakfast not to mention that she could make donuts.

"Your food though. " I roll my eye's back and take a big jug of my drink.

"We really want you home and... I cant help but feel utterly guilty for all this.."  She says while looking into the distance with deep concentration,  I look at how her grip tightens on the half empty glass before reaching out.

"This isn't your fault,  really its just Harrys perverted dad..."

"And I really want to know why me though. " I ask suspiciously.

"Yeah same... I'm intrigued I mean the old douche doesn't even know you right? "

"No, no" I shake my head.

"I would remember. And to be honest I don't remember meeting a flippen pedo." I say and she stares at me before bursting out into a fit of laugher.

"No seriously dude,  fuck, think for a moment.  You walking to your car or something and this guy fucking drugs you. Not flippen cool." I say lightly not wanting to turn this happy vibe sour.

I get up and take our plates to the dishwasher and it's empty except for our two plates and cutlery.

"I can't imagine what you went through. ." She says as I sit back down and she's looking at me.

"it's fine,  all we need to focus on right now is getting me the hell outta here safe."

"And that piece of shit should at least suffer. .. God your dads suggestion doesn't really seem so bad after all, considering what I'm seeing. " she says.

"What you mean?  What did he say? "

"Just that he will kill what ever fucker did this. And now we know exactly who that is. More like what." Her face turns bitter and I get offended abit at her harsh words towards Harry.

"Dawn." She says and I blink.

"What's wrong you totally zoned out..? Wait your not feeling sorry for that cunt though right? " she says as her eyebrows arch.

"I am Avery, yeah I'm also shocked that his father is the one behind this... but give him a break the dude had no idea what the hell was going on. I mean he did bu-"

"He  did? Dawn what do you mean he did? " she asks alarmed.

"No, yes but not about My kidnapping. "

"What the fuck Dawn? Not yours?  How  many are there?  Is this guy stealing girls oh my god, And your defending this shit? " she screams standing up, her seat falls over and I shot up.

"Avery, you can't tell my da-" I say again but I get no words out.

"Bullshit! THIS is all bullshit." She throws her hands up in the air before storming out the kitchen.

I run trying to catch up but before I know it she has her bag in her tight grip and she's heading for the door.

"Avery!  Wait. " I say with panick in my voice she turns around as she swings the door open and I see tears in the corners of her eyes.

"This isn't all about you anymore Dawn. This man is doing a bad thing,  his selling innocent girls. Killing them probably too what do I know... Harry might not be part of any of this but the fact remains. .. if he really wasn't part of this he would've had you out here long ago. Last time I checked,  I don't recall knowing a friend who would be okay with this." She gestures around her and she turns away from me before slamming the door shut.

I'm silent,  shocked.  Because I don't believe her or that Avery might actually be right,  I mean Harry did say he will do everything he can. .. but his still given me no feedback on what happened yesterday.  Or is it that I know its not his fault, that he was just a normal guy with an upsetting past haunting him, could it really be that I fell for a guy like that. What are the odds.

I think I must've stood in the middle of the living room for a long time because when I came back to consciousness Harry was in the doorway. His hair filled with little water droplets that seems to be shiny like diamond's. I smile still unaware of anything.

"Dawn... hey are you okay what happened.  Where's Avery? " he notices me, he rubs his hands together before I see the wrinkles forming on his forehead when he sees what state I'm in.

I feel his hands underneath my sweater,  they ice cold but feel slightly good on my warm arm. He looks at me when he tilts my head up to look at him and I stare into his green grass eye's. 

"She left. " I finally say in a low raspy whisper still looking at him.

He traces his thumb across my face,  over my burning pink cheeks down to my jawline then my lips. His thumb being so big it fits on my bottom lip. He pulls it down.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks in a low tone.

I shake my head before taking his rist until I find his hands,  he squeezes light and I press my head into his chest just under his chin.  I pull my hands up to his neck and his arms cross automatically around my waist and we stand like this for afew minutes. Me just embracing him. All of him.

_______

We laying in bed,  my arms draped over his chest and him fiddling with pieces of my hair.

Should I ask him what Avery said? That if he really was on my side I'd be out already

.. or should I stay quiet?  He did tell me he will handle it best he can..

"Harry. " I choke out to late to realize that I shouldn't go through with this.

"Yea?" His tone soft and mild.

"Have you uhm- spoken to Henry yet?" I ask and there's a long pause that seems to be drifting on forever before he response.

"About? " his question simple and his tone changed but giving nothing away.

"Me ." I ask holding in my breath.

He sits up and takes me with him before turning me around to face him.

"Breath Dawn." He whispers as he touches my lips and my eyes flicker open to meet his.

I exhale and suck in another handful of air.  His face looks as if his upset abd I'm ready to hear the bad news. ..

"Your contract is for eight months. ..I spoke to my father and I managed to get him to shorten it to five. ..his confused as to why I requested it to be shorter,  he thinks that I don't like you- that your not good in .... that way." He says staring at my bottom lip,  I exhale again staying quite for him to finish.

"He was going to have you executed.. of course I argued told him to let you free rather but he just wouldn't budge,  his getting suspicious of us of you... I keep trying to get him to shorten it more, but it won't be easy. .. I didn't want to tell you in fear of you getting your hopes up... there is away for you to be set free. "

He stops and my eyes drop.

"But I'll have to be killed. .." I say the words softly.

He grabs my chin and looks me in the eyes.

"I won't let that happen.  I won't let them hurt you, not again , not ever.  Dawn I promise I will get you out. .. not now but soon ... I promise. " he says.

He wipes my tears off with the back of his thumb before kissing me.

"Your lips are always so soft when you cry. " he says as he rest his forehead on mine,  I smile.

"Dawn don't cry." I pull my head away from his, resting my head on his shoulder.

I feel him shift underneath me before pulling the blankets over both of us.