New Beginning

"Dawn honey do you want anything? "

"Dawn.." I feel the engine stop and quickly focus my attention to my mom digging into her purse.

"You know you should really try focusing more on your school work then you do listening to music."

I watch as she speaks but don't reply instead I turn around facing the now stained raindrop window, looking out at the greyness.

"I'd like a chicken mushroom pie and some chettos." I say tonelessly while taking out my earphones.

"Alright ... Dawn I know this is hard but you know I had no other choice, if I could we wouldn't have to move, I need this money and this is one of the biggest contracts I have gotten, and if moving is going to get me this then so be it." I hear her sigh before opening her car door with her handbag in her hands.

She runs into the little convenient store that reads 7Eleven minding not to step in the little rain puddles on the way.

_______________________________________

I wake up to our Mercedes settling down, after hearing the trunk being popped open.

I rub the sleepiness out of my eyes to be met with a stunning double story house. I quickly gather my phone, earphones and leftover 'dinner' into my black silk purse before scrambling out of the car to the trunk.

"Mom you said its a small house in Connecticut, and this.. This looks more like a mansion." I say grabbing afew suitcases from my moms hands before setting them down to be rolled.

"Well I was in the dark about this too, Peta must've lost his mind this place is huge!" she says chuckling before following me to the big black door.

The front lawn is covered with green grass and the trees seemed to make the place look more mysterious.

After getting all the left over cases from the trunk inside the house, I take a minute to admire the beautiful ancient house.

It's very old looking with a huge chandelier in the living room, beautiful brown couches. The kitchen is extremely dark with a brown counter, cupboards and drawns.

"Do you like it?" My mom snaps me back to reality.

"Yes! Its beautiful" I say before turning to my mom who is now standing in the doorway of the living room.

"Did you see the windows?" she asks before grabbing my hands and dragging me to another room on the opposite side of the staircase.

It is some sort of library I guess because there are tons off books stacked in an orderly fashion way on a gigantic book shelf. There's a big brown desk in the far left of the room with a big window which reveals the beautiful front garden.

I gasp as I see everything.

"Mom?" I ask as I turn to hug her.

"This place.. it's gorgeous." I say before pulling away to look at the beautiful room again.

"I hopped you might like it." I hear my mom saying with sadness in her voice as if she is about to cry, I look at her once more.

"Hey... "

"I'm really sorry .. I'm trying the best I can I didn't mean to take you away from your friends I just... I am doing what I think is best. For both of us." she explains. I just look at her before feeling my eyes watering.

"No, mom don't cry." I say taking her hands in mine.

"I'm trying, I really am, no matter what I do I feel like it's not good enough" she says sniffing.

"No no I'm sorry." I say grabbing her for another hug, trying my best to think about the positive things this new change could bring.

- http://www.luxportstage.com/Property/stamford-properties-an-elegant-and-graceful-home/RPIV -