PROLOGUE

"I have news for you" he emitted as I handed over a cup of coffee to him.

"News?" I raised my eyebrows sitting on the chair opposite to him.

"I'm getting married"

His words made my throat dry, My stomach plummeted and twisted painfully. A horrible pressure began to build in my chest, and I swallowed it hard. I had a huge crush on him, maybe it just happened because I was only staring at him for more than ten hours in a day. "Really? Well, congrats." I guess it wasn't fake, that couldn't have sounded faker. "I didn't realize you were dating anyone."

I knew he was a secretive person but I just didn't think amidst being the media's center of attraction he could have still kept his relationship secretive.

"I'm not."

I felt my eyebrows squish together. "I can't understand." My face turned blank.

"My uncle was a very rich man who'd made a wide range of very lucrative investments. He set up trust funds for me and my two brothers. He left each of us stocks, shares, money, properties, and even artistic works. But there's a clause. Like my brothers, I can't access the trust fund... until I'm married."

"But, why?"

Abir sipped his coffee. "My uncle never married. He was all about work, maybe just like me. And it wasn't until later in life that he regretted it. He used to ask me what the point was in him having such a massive home when there was only him to live in it. The closest thing he had to children of his own was my brothers and me. He encouraged us to work hard and be successful but to not neglect our personal lives. He didn't want us to make the same mistakes that he did but he was also so sure that I'll make the same mistake, he did"

"Hence the trust funds?"

"Yes. There's also another snag. If by the time I reach the age of thirty-five I'm not married, the assets in my trust fund will be divided between my brothers."

Which, essentially, pressured him to do as his uncle wished. "Wow. He really wanted you guys to get married and settled. I can understand, he must be really a nice person."

"More, he wanted to ensure that we didn't wait until late in our lives before we found someone to share that life with. It worked with Krithik and Kunal. They both married young."

"Is it normal for people to attach conditions to trust funds? Like trust fund is based on-"

"It's not uncommon. I know someone who couldn't access theirs unless they married someone of a certain religion. My uncle wasn't so fussed about who we married as much as he was about when we married."

"You're thirty-four now," I recalled.

"Yes. And I'm no more interested in marriage now than I ever have been. I don't even have any interest in a relationship, I'm sure you must be knowing that."

"So you're getting married purely to gain access to your fund?"

Abir shrugged. "There are more fickle reasons to get married. It's not about the money, Mishti. My uncle left me things that have sentimental value to me. They're mine. And I don't like the idea of any of the assets ending up in Krithik's hands. He'd gamble most of them away, and his wife, Pooja, would squander the rest. Kunal said he'd hand me his share since it's rightfully mine, but I can't be sure he truly would."

I nodded. "Okay. I get it." And it wasn't my stuff, so I wasn't in a position to say what the best way would be to deal with the situation, was I?

Watching me closely, Abir lifted his mug and took another sip of his coffee.

"I want you to do something for me."

If he asked me to pick out wedding invitations or something, I wouldn't be pleased. I could support him getting married, but I still didn't like the idea of him shacked up with someone else. Apparently, my pathetic crush hadn't been so miserable after all.

"What?"

"Marry me, Sweetheart."

My lips parted, and I stared at him. "You're not joking, are you?" It wasn't a question; it was a shocked whisper. Abir did not joke.

"It'll only be for show. We won't need to stay married very long." He stated lifelessly. "I warned you I would one day call in my favor."

Yes, he had. But I hadn't ever imagined he'd ask this of me. My heart started to beat faster, and my ribs suddenly felt too tight.

"Abir... I'll do anything but this is something I ca-"

"You said you'd return the favor when the time came, Are you going to keep up to your words?" I know, he's waiting for me to nod my head.

"There's really no other way you can access your uncle's fund?"

"If there was, I wouldn't be here now." He paused. "I'm not asking you to make a lifelong commitment to me. The marriage won't be real. On paper, you'll be my wife for a year and that's it. Just say yes, Mishti. Help me like I helped you." looking at me blink my eyes, he added "Just on a paper you're my P.A you'll be on a paper as my Wife. Too simple and why stress yourself so much."

I groaned knowing I had only myself to blame here. Accepting help from the devil always has a huge debt. He was asking me to repay his favour with all the required interest. I just didn't expect his favour to fuck me too hard. "Okay" that just came out like a whisper.

I really loved the way his eyes sparkled, I would have done anything to look at his eyes shine and I really don't know whether I should regret on that. "Thank you so much, Sweetheart."

The moment his hands intertwined with mine, I reached an unfamiliar world where it was just me flying high in the sky with birds, "Thanks a lot for agreeing to be my fake wife" The word FAKE brought me back to the real world and I just hummed in his style.

***

THANKS FOR READING.
I KNOW PREVIOUSLY I STARTED ONE FF but unfortunately I wasn't able to complete that due to plenty of reasons and most importantly I forgot even the outline of the story I had in my mind. 😜

I wanted to give this story a try and if I get a positive feedback, I'll continue with this FF. Piny promise I'll complete this 😅

Let's have some fun. 😍

I really didn't expect my crush to get married (Shaheer) and just from there I got this plot in my mind. So, as a fangirl I would consider myself to be heartbroken but they're really such an adorable couple and I do adore them. My craziness for them has reached it's own peaks where I go to IG and check whether they have uploaded any new pics between my busy schedules where I just don't get time to breath.

Coming back to the story, I just wanted to imagine how nice it would be if our crush asks "will you marry me?" Even for fake drama/act. I just can't say it will be nice but at one point heart will broken into pieces too.

If you like it revert it to me and I'll work on this. Thanks 😍

Stay safe.