Chapter 9

Two weeks later...

I anxiously tapped my pen against the desk top while shaking my leg uncontrollably. Time was going by so slow. I needed to get out of here right now, it was killing me.

I glanced at clock across the room. 12:15

Shit. I'm never getting out of here.

School has been so horrible today, I can't remember ever having such a bad day. I desperately needed to get home and sleep it off.

My eyes traveled around the room, it was 5th period and I was sitting in AP English. I sat in the second row from the teachers desk, last seat.

We were doing some pointless vocabulary assignment. As much as I loved reading boring short stories filled with words I didn't particularly care for. I would have loved to be sitting around at home.

Thinking back on it, the week has been terrible so far. I was an hour late on Monday, earning myself another detention. I find it amazing how I still haven't learned my lesson. After almost four years of high school, I still can't manage to make it on time.

It's Tuesday and I'm hating life. I started the day off failing a pop quiz. During lunch I tripped and spilled my food all over myself. And to top it all off I still haven't gotten Harry a present for his birthday tomorrow.

Can things get any worse.

I absentmindedly looked around the room reading the educational posters on the walls.

Bully free zone

Check your excuses at the door

Me fail English, that's unpossible

Today is a great day to learn something new

Once you learn to read, you will be forever free

Knowledge. "One's mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions."

Why did teachers have such dumb posters.

Mrs. Romero was sitting at her desk looking down at her computer, probably grading papers.

I glanced over at the clock, hoping time would go by faster.

No such luck. It was 12:30

I began looking around the room. A large portion of the class seemed to be working on the assignment, there were a few towards the back that were looking down at their phones, two or three people sleeping and some were staring at the clock hoping time would go by faster. I glanced back at Romero who was grading papers at her desk before pulling out my phone to check my new messages.

Bestfriend - Parent's picking me up today. They have some thing and they want me to go.

Nialler <3 - Hey, I just wanted to see if you're coming over tomorrow night?

Mom - Are you sure you don't wanna take the deal? It could be good for you.

I rolled my eyes at the last message before putting my phone in my bag.

As much as I didn't want to partake in the assignment in front of me, I figured time would go by faster if my mind was occupied.

2:50

I angrily tapped my fingers on the steering wheel, waiting for the line of cars to move. I hated after school traffic, it was worse than 5 o'clock traffic.

I didn't have any plans for tonight, so after half an hour of sitting around in the car I was glad to finally be able to go home and take a well deserved shower and just relax.