Chapter 28

England - One year later...

I sat in the middle row of my English class, listening to the professor go on about the assignment due next week.

"I want those papers on my desk first thing Monday morning, no late submissions. I mean it this time guys." he joked.

"I won't accept late papers, especially two weeks late.. Stephanie." He teased even though he probably would take a paper like three months late. He's not big on failing people.

I couldn't wait for class to be over, I had made plans with the girls to go get a bite after class.

"Alright guys, see you next week. Have a good weekend, be safe. I don't want to see anyone on the evening news, and this time I mean it."

I quickly gathered my books and was out the door in seconds.

"Andy, over here." A girl with shoulder length curly black hair waved me over.

"Hey Sam." I greeted walking over to a group of three girls.

"HEEY GUURL HEEY!" shouted Kendall as we hugged.

"Where did you get that jumper? It's sick." asked Riley as we all walked down the street towards Starbucks.

I looked down at my sweater, I was wearing a lose fitting gray sweatshirt with the letters 'JW' on the top left hand corner.

"Oh, it belongs to Niall." I said it almost out of instinct.

I've been taking his clothes whenever he gave me the chance. I knew he'd have to leave me at some point, and I wanted a piece of him. Whenever I miss him I wear his clothes, they still smell like him. I slowly brought the cuff of my sleeve to my face, taking in his scent suddenly becoming overwhelmed.

"Ah shit, I'm sorry Andy. I didn't mean to." said Riley putting a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"No.. No, it's not your fault. I'm just being overly sensitive."

I looked down at my hand, playing with the ring on my finger. Niall had given me a promise ring the night he asked me to go on tour with him. As we sat down at a corner table in the back, I began daydreaming.

 ~

"Remember how we've been putting off talking about me leaving?"

I nodded.

"Well we can't put it off any longer. I have a month left with you before I have to leave again."

I sighed. "What's the plan?"

"I was wonder if you would like to come on tour with us?" I said hopeful.

"How long are you guys going to be on tour?"

"A year and a half."

My eyes began to water.

There was an uncomfortable silence.

I took a deep breathe before speaking. "Niall.."

~

"Andy? ... Andy? ... ANDREA!"

Kendall was growing annoyed. I quickly snapped out of my daydream.

"I'm sorry you guys."

Kendall gave me an apologetic smile.