Chapter 31

"What?" asked Zayn confused.

Harry shook his head. "No. No, I don't believe you. It's not true." he said with a sour face.

"Andy. What are you talking about?" asked Louis at the edge of his seat.

"I know I haven't been totally honest with anyone and I'm sorry about that. I really am, I just didn't know what to say. I only told Niall a few months ago." I said looking down at our intertwined fingers.

Kelly looked up giving me a week smile. "Harry, please." she whispered.

He shook his head. "No, she's family. Nothing is okay. She's dying Kelly, why can't you guys see that?"

He was clearly frustrated. I dont blame him, so am I. The room became quite. No one spoke, but they didn't need to. They took it a lot better than I though they would honestly.

"Guys he's right, it doesn't look too good for me."

"It can't be that bad right?" asked Liam, speaking for the first time since I got here. "I mean people beat cancer all the time right?"

"The survival rate isn't looking too hot on this one." I half joked.

"No. We're gonna do something about this. You're not gonna die."

I looked up at him and smiled. "It's already done you guys. I'm well on my way to stage two. I've been taking pills for a year now, and I've done chemo, I've done so many things and nothing is working. I'm loosing all my hair. My bones are weak, I'm weak."

Harry shrugged. "That's just a side effect from the chemo."

I shook my head. "No, it's a side effect of dying. Everything that's going on with me is a side effect of me dying."

Niall gripped my fingers tighter.

"I don't want you guys to feel sorry for me or anything. I'm telling you because it's gonna come out eventually and I want to be the one to tell you. You're family, and you don't keep things like this from family."

Zayn chuckled. "Wow. Niall you're a dick, your girlfriends dying and you disappear off at night to God knows where. I thought I was pretty fucked up."

"Zayn!" shouted everyone.

I smiled. "We're not together you guys."

Niall gently placed his chin in the crook of my neck and kissed my cheek.

"Niall's been coming to see me actually, coming to doctors appointments stuff like that. I asked him not to say anything, I didn't want to worry you guys."

"Well we're worried now." spat back Louis.

"Well I have a pretty girl waiting for me in another room. I say we go out and get drunk, because I've been sober for too long."

~

Niall's POV

Wow. What a day, what a night, what a week, what a fucking life. Nothing is ever as easy as it seems.

I can't believe she's here. I mean I've seen her a bunch of times in the last year but she's actually here with us, with everyone.

As per Andrea's request we are all currently at a bar, no one really wanted to come but that girl is relentless. The minute we walked in she sat on a stool and started swinging back hard liquor. She's really changed. The old Andrea didn't like to drink, and this one, she craves alcohol.

I know that time changes people, but this is a lot to wrap my head around.

Louis promised he'd give her friend a chance and that's exactly what he's doing. They probably shouldn't be wasted but who am I to judge.

Everyone was trying really hard to have a good time for her. Everyone was drinking, not because we were having a good time; but because we don't know how to deal with Andrea's news.

~

I sat up at the sound of a door opening, I was sleeping on the couch in the living room. Andrea has her own suite but her friend ended up coming back with Louis and she didn't want to be alone. She probably would have gone with Kelly and Harry but she didn't want to intrude.

I looked around the living room in search of her shadow.

"Andrea?"

"Oh." she said walking into the living room. "I thought you were sleeping."

I shook my head in the darkness. "No, I can't really sleep. I don't think any of us can."

I could hear her footsteps getting closer. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

She sat down next to me. "No it's not."

I shrugged. "Don't worry."

She scoffed. "That's all I do."

I ran my fingers through my hair. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

She moved around in her seat. "I ah.. I actually."

She looked down at her fingers, pinching each one subconsciously.

"I wet the bed." she whisperd, her voice cracking.

I inched closer toward her, I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and placed a kiss to her forehead. "It's okay love, don't worry about it. Someone will take care of that later, take the couch."

"Where will you sleep then?" she asked laying her head on my shoulder.

I shrugged. "On the floor."

"No." she shot back instantly.

"We both wiil." she said much softer.

I smiled. "Okay."

~

Zayn's POV

"Maybe we should just leave it alone. Maybe we're not right for each other, I don't want to fight anymore."

"Wha- what? Are you seriously doing this right now?"

I sighed. "I'm tired of the constant fights and the yelling and bitching. I wanna be happy, all you do is darken my mood."

"I-" her voice was low and shaky. "Zayn."

I sighed. "I love you, but I can't deal with this anymore. The fighting, it isn't worth it."

"Please can we just talk about this later, when you're home. I miss you and I'm sorry okay?"

"Annette."

"I miss you, we're gonna be okay right?"

It brakes my heart to hear her like this. "I promise that when I get home we'll talk and try and work this whole thing out. I'm not going out without a fight."

"Okay, I love you." she whispered.

"I love you too baby."

~

I could hear Kelly and Harry's muffled shouting through the walls of my suite, they've been fighting just about all day.

It's strange too, they never seem to fight, about anything. Ever.

"Harry!" she shouted.

"What am I supposed to do Kel? I can't just magically solve all our fucking problems. I'm no a doctor, or a goddamn magician."

"Go fuck yourself. I'm not asking you to do anything impossible."

"I can't do anything! Don't you think I want her to live, I want her to be happy. I want her to make Niall happy. I want her to live a long healthy life."

"So help me save her!" she shouted in a frenzy of tears and sobs.

"I CAN'T, SAVE HER!"

There was a long pause, the door slammed shut and someone who I assume was Harry stomped down the hall in a rage.

When did things start to fall apart? We're more broken now than we've ever been.

I don't think things can get any worse.